Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone threads

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I have a good idea, let's all start a new iPhone thread asking the same questions as all the other threads.

Come on admin, don't you think we could merge threads without having to wade through so many?

Or does that not matter for this particular phone.

Please don't delete as this is a genuine question!

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:
  1. Mines pink but someone would disagree wink

I hovered over the kudos button for this - just because it made me (almost) laugh out loud.

Completely agree re the number of threads/posts about this.

What probably hasn't helped is the (seeming) lack of information from o2.

I have just looked, and there is nothing on the home page about the shortage in supply nor on the iPhone page.

The only thing that makes you realise that there is a delay in the supply chain is that SOME models do not just say delivery next day or click and collect immediately.

With this (and the Samsung Note 7 fiasco) there should have been two things:

1 - a notice on the home page itself about the issue(s) (whether that is iPhone or Note 7) taking you through to an official statement.

2 - contact being made to the customers involved in either case.

Both of these would have meant that o2 were on the front foot and were showing some initiative. Neither of which has happened.

Reading all (well, some) of the threads you get the distinct impression that o2 were leaving customers to find out what was going on themselves and get in touch, rather than being the other way.

Anyway, rant over. Need to go wrap some presents...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 21 of 34

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
We've often suggested a banner across the top of the home page for announcing "issues", whatever they may be, but it seems no one is interested in the idea....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

well forgive me, but i started a specific thread for the JET BLACK + models.

The reason for this was because the standard 7+ thread is going crazy as deliveries are actually starting to roll out. It appears theres a specific issue with the JB hence a specific thread for it.

But feel free to suggest it be removed

Message 23 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122828 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

well forgive me, but i started a specific thread for the JET BLACK + models.

The reason for this was because the standard 7+ thread is going crazy as deliveries are actually starting to roll out. It appears theres a specific issue with the JB hence a specific thread for it.

But feel free to suggest it be removed

We have no control over what is removed or not. THIS thread is not related to you specifically...it is about the many many many iPhone threads which have been started since news of the iphone 7 release. There has been no effort to merge them. The regular posters (customers like yourself) are expressing our concern that we can't answer OTHER customers requiring our assistance unless we wade through walls of posts about the iPhone7. This is all.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can see what you mean, yes, 

the plus thread has massively ramped up this afternoon due to posts saying i got my text, got my tracking number and so on. 

I take your point though, makes it more difficlut to find the tech support threads

Message 25 of 34

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

woody and buzz 27092016224058.jpg

Message 26 of 34

gmarkj
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

No one is suggesting having any threads removed.

The main point here (for me anyway) is that there should have been some information on the home page or the shop or even on the main community screen about the situation with iPhone supplies.

I have just counted (and guessed at some from the title) but there are more than 50 threads about ordering or delivery of an iPhone in one form or another. 

50!!!

I can understand some people having questions or issues, but having some sort of FAQ or facts sheets somewhere should have reduced this.

The whole point of the community is so people can get issues solved. While all of this madness is going on there are probably threads going unread or unanswered because they simply aren't seen.

I also get that people are annoyed that the phone they ordered hasn't turned up. But (and this is my opinion) this is all down to Apple not producing enough handsets. For two reasons. 1 I get - don't make too much of your product before it goes on sale, as it means you don't incur too high a cost of production before you start making money. It's a cash flow thing.

But the 2nd, which is to keep your product in the news/being talked about is pure marketing. It means that there is a furor around their product which it may (or may not) deserve but certainly makes it a conversation and that drives more sales.

Maybe for the next big launch there should be set up threads for phone models and/or generic issues, and new threads can be merged into those to prevent so much going on...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 27 of 34

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
@gmarkj don't waste your keyboard keystrokes on this - many of us who have been here for many iPhone launches wish for the same thing (and suggest it every year) but it will never happen.
Hundreds of threads are what O2 wants and they don't care about the quality, just the activity.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122828 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

I have just counted (and guessed at some from the title) but there are more than 50 threads about ordering or delivery of an iPhone in one form or another. 

50!!!

I can understand some people having questions or issues, but having some sort of FAQ or facts sheets somewhere should have reduced this.

@gmarkj with reference to those 2 points alone I can tell you that I counted all the iPhone threads 4 days ago. At that point there were 55+ threads about the iPhone 7 in existence. I only counted in the Apple section (bear in mind there are many other sections they are posted) In the last 4 days there have been many more started (I read one post last night where someone said 'I know... lets start another thread about not getting our tracking number')

As for the FAQ sheet. A sore point for some of us. We produced a FAQ sheet last year for the iPhone 6. It was used constantly. It covered every question that has been asked in the past We understood it could be used again this year with a title change and possibly new information added. We were told it wasn't needed this year.

I am tired of wading through countless posts....in order to get to someone who genuinely needs help and advice non iPhone 7 related...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 34

gmarkj
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
@MI5 @Cleoriff
I totally get it, just thought that maybe if enough fuss was made about it then perhaps next time reason will be listened too instead of ignored.
Or maybe not.
Re the number of threads - I just counted ones that said delivery, order or something along those lines. And I stopped at page 4. So I will defer to your previous count which means there is probably more than 100 by now!!

@Toby @Martin-O2
Given the "issues" with the iPhone launch, is it worth (internally or with community members input) having a learnings or review of how it has been handled and what to do better next time?
Again I am assuming that enough care is given...

Message 30 of 34