cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble with my iphone 5 now its on ios7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I have looked for a solution on this board but thought it quicker to make my own,

ever since I downloaded ios7 on to my iphone 5, its been a nightmare.

After someone suggested I reset all setting etc, its been worse!

My battery life lasts a few hours and the camera is just useless, always having purple lines running along it. So I have to close down the app and keep doing this until I can actually use the camera.

Using my phone outside of home, is a no now. I have to turn off the cellular data and imessages while I'm out to make sure I keep the battery life up incase of emergencies.

Now I've resorted to turning my airplane mode on throughout the day to stop my battery dying!

Along with other problems iv come across with this phone since the update!

Can someone please help me with what I can do about this phone. I upgraded to the iphone5 only in July!!

Any help will be amazing!

Thank you,

stefy may

x

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

The post replacement service with Apple is usually as follows-

Normal - a courier will collect your phone, when Apple receive it back they will post a replacement one to you. (you'll have no phone for a few days)

Express - Apple will put a charge/hold on your card for the price of the phone and they will send a replacement iphone to you - upon the delivery of the new iphone the courier will ask you to immediately swap and put your old phone in the box of the replacement.  Once Apple receive your old phone back then they will take the hold off your card.  This service also usually costs a further £30 for courier charges as it is usually next day delivery (mine was arranged at 5.30pm one day and the new one had come by 4pm the next day - super fast!).

You need to call Apple to explain the problems that you are having with your phone and they will put notes on your file.  If iti s more convenient, you can do an online chat with them and if more information is needed, then they will call you.

Obivously if it is a new-ish phone then it should be replaced right away.  However, sometimes, if Apple think it may be a minor issue then it may be easier to have it fixed.  I am not sure the procedure for repairs with Apple.

I hope you sort it out!

View solution in original post

Message 22 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
I would do a complete wipe of the phone back to factory settings then see if the problem still persists before restoring your back up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seek assistance from an Apple genius bar.

Make an appointment.
Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 23

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If all else fails and you bought it in july it is still in warranty book an apple genius appointment, if the hardware is faulty apple will swap it on the spot just ensure all is backed up before the visit.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have data connection problems and when I'm jumping from E, GRPS and 3G it really drains my battery. If I keep a stable 3G, I use 50% in 8 hours and that's occasionally going on line. I don't back up to icloud as this can drain your battery, and I only have apps refreshing that I use regularly, the others I keep switched off and toggle on when I want to use them. I agree to back up (delete apps and any wifi settings first), restore to factory, set up as new and then on an empty phone, leave it for a few hours and see what the battery does then, it'll indicate whether it is your profile/apps, or the battery itself. You can then restore your profile back on. Good luck!
Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would use the apple Genius Bar. But no store anywhere near me!!! 😞 and now only 2 days off this side of Xmas!
I'll try the wipe clean and reset when I'm back from work!! What would happen to all my contacts??
Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nothing as long as you back up to icloud or iTunes.
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Go into settings, General., reset, erase all content and settings and then when prompted by the phone use your recent back up.

Do it via a WiFi connection.
Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thank you.
Message 10 of 23