cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAVE NOT HAD 3G ON MY iPHONE 5 FOR THE PAST 3 WEEKS. HELP?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I've been experiencing problems with my o2 iphone simplicity account, tried everything possible to resolve it but nothing seems to fix the issue.

Went to an o2 store twice, had the phone looked at by a guru, replaced the sim card twice. I even took the phone to Apple but they tested it with a different sim and it worked straight away so the phone is not at fault. I spoke to customer service several times, they told me it's a very unique issue and no-one knew how to fix it.

I've seen a few similar threads online and I tried all the suggested methods to fix it but have had no luck whatsoever.

Aside from the 3g, everything else works fine including making and receiving calls, text messages, wifi connectivity etc etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

I've seen a few cases of this where it was a result of a grps bar. Ask customer services if there is one on. Cant hurt to ask them to remove and re provision GPRS too. 

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
are you using the correct apns for your account type? Will post a link in a bit as on ipad.

http://mobileguide.o2.co.uk/devices/search.jsp?manufacturer=Apple&model=839&tariff=ANY&sort=7&sorter...
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried the 'mobile' one and the 'idata' one, neither does the trick. Also, there's no 3g/edge symbol at the top of the screen

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know you've tried resets.

Have you done this one.

Settings , general , reset , reset network settings.

You may have to switch to 2g !

Challenge 02 to check the mast even though it may be showing as working ok.

Are other people getting 3G on their 02 phones near you ?
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, tried that a few times.

Spoke to o2 supervisor/manager lady and even threatened that I'm going to cancel my account if this isn't resolved and they still couldn't do anything about it.

Strange thing I just discovered after browsing the net looking for answers. I sent 'data' to 2020 and received the following automated response: "Sorry, the Web Daily Europe service is no longer available. From July you'll automatically benefit from our new o2 travel services (1.99/day for 25mb/day)".

This reminded me that the 3g stopped working shortly after I came back from France, so this leads me to think that for some weird reason my account is somehow assuming that I am still outside of UK? This is so confusing and frustrating..

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

What tariff is showing when you log into My02 ?

I would suggest you ring 02 customer services back on 202 armed with that information.

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Last time I heard of something like this O2 had to delete the account and create a complete new one. I believe that it is quite a complicated process but definitely get back to customer service.

Have you tried the complaint process? O2 | Complaint

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

The tarrif is: O2 simplicity 600 + 750MB UK Data for iPhone

Yeah, will give customer service a last try tomorrow and I'm guessing my next option would be to switch to a different provider, or start a new account with o2 (or have it reset)..

Message 8 of 9

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

I've seen a few cases of this where it was a result of a grps bar. Ask customer services if there is one on. Cant hurt to ask them to remove and re provision GPRS too. 

Hope this helps. 

Message 9 of 9