cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable
My daughter is in Germany on an exchange trip with her school for one week, I am worried she will run up an expensive bill ringing and texting people back here in England and also her school friends that are staying in other homes in Germany. What is the best option, other than banning her from using her phone. Many thanks
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I take your point but she has already run up almost £100 since august on top of her £22 per month bill. She's only 13 and needs to learn some self control!!
Message 11 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
What about putting a payg SIM card in it and putting so much on and then top it up as and when instead of her possibly running up a sizeable bill.

Just a thought.
Message 12 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
PAYG is the best form of self control..... Just give her £10 a month max.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
She's on her way there now! maybe next time, thanks again.
Message 14 of 20

MI5
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Good luck...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries.
Message 16 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou
Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to be a pain, is that what they cost on the O2 travel plan?
Message 18 of 20

MI5
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Yup slight_smile
Message 19 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great, thanks very much for your help.
Message 20 of 20