cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery expectations for iPhone 7 PLUS?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seperate thread for 7+ customers to update each other.

Message 1 of 3,109
3,108 REPLIES 3,108

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ordered and paid for iPhone 7+JB 256 on 09/09, not heard anything until the text of 25/10 saying that units are 'due' next week and offering an utterly useless data concession that I'll never use as a 'thanks for being so patient'. So still no sign of an actual date of delivery... I am so incredibly disappointed at how O2 have dealt with customers over this debacle that I will definately be taking my business elsewhere next year. I moved to O2 with the launch of the original iPhone and have stayed ever since but this is an insult too far, if I botched a pre-order so badly then dealt with customers who have effectively been missold to in the way O2 have then I'd be out of a job.

Message 2961 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got a change of tariff email and upgrade confirmation emails last night @ 21:35. At last, the phone is on it's way! Looks like it will be delivered on Monday as DPD are still waiting for the parcel.

7 weeks and 3 days..... not too shabby Weird

JB 256gb 7+ Ordered 9/9 @ 08:50

Message 2962 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yippee!

I've supposedly ordered my JB 7+ 256 at 8.45, but not heard anything yet...

Message 2963 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually, I've just received mine as well! The emails and texts that is, Live Chat was adamant I'd get it on same day delivery... Of course!
Message 2964 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got update lastnight at 9.30pm, phone received this morning at 10am.

jet black 256 plus ordered 9/9 at 9.30am

Message 2965 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I ordered iphone 7 plus 256 Matt black on 19/10/2016. The expected delivery time at the time of my order was 2 weeks. I have been regularly tracking the delivery times for this handset until it came down to 2 to 3 days this morning. So thought of having a word with O2 online chat to make sure everyting was on track for delivery next week. Am posting the transcript of my chat below:  

info: Welcome to O2, someone will be with you soon.
info: You are through to Arron
ARRON: Hello, it's Arron here. I hope you're well. What can I do for you?
NS: Hi. I placed an upgrade order on the 19th and have not yet heard anything from you. Can you tell me where my phone is?
ARRON: I will help you with the details.
ARRON: Before we proceed with the chat lets do a quick security check for the security of your account.
ARRON: Can I confirm you are the account holder and that you wish to discuss the Pay Monthly number you have already entered
NS: yes
ARRON: Can I just confirm your full name & mobile number you're contacting us about?
NS: N________
NS: 07_________
ARRON: Can you tell me the 3rd and 4th characters of your security answer please?
NS_ and _
ARRON: Perfect.
ARRON: Thanks for all the information.
ARRON: Give me few minutes while I go through your account details.
NS: sure
ARRON: Thanks for waiting.
ARRON: As I can see you have ordered Apple iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Black on 19th of October. I will like to inform you that the order is still out of stock. I will take up to 2 weeks for the order to come back in stock.
ARRON: You will be getting the text as an when the order is deliver from our end.
NS: Are you serious???!! When i ordered the phone i was told that i would get the phone in 2 weeks time. On the O2 website today, you have stated the deliver time for the same handset to be 2-3 days.
ARRON: Due to high demand of this device we are not able to dispatch the order on time. I apologize for the same.
NS: Why are you guys lying about the delivery times?
NS: Why put the delivery times on your website then? Why mislead customers?
ARRON: I am sorry for the inconvenience cause to you. But we have received the recent update. You will be getting the delivery details in 2 weeks.
ARRON: Due to high demand we are in regular touch with the Apple for the device.
NS: I asked a simple question. If you know the delivery is in two weeks time, why have you stated on your website that the delivery will be in 2-3 days?
NS: Can you please get me connected to your manager/supervisor?
ARRON: Please let me check this for you.
NIRMOLAK SINGH: fine
ARRON: Thanks for your patience
ARRON: I just checked it the stock details and I see that we're expecting more stocks from the manufacturer today.
Once we've the stock from them the order will be fulfilled on first come first serve basis.
ARRON: Once your order is dispatched we'll send you an email confirmation with all the details.
NS: Okay. that's fine.
ARRON: Thanks for understanding.
ARRON: Well try our best to send the phone as soon as possible.
NS: I would like to know how O2 calculates it's estimated delivery times for a handset. How can i get this information?
ARRON: To be honest it completely depends on the stock available with us.
As the iPhone 7 plus is in very high demand there's a bit delay in fulfilling the orders however, we're working with apple on this to fulfil the ordered as soon as possible.
NS: Okay thanks

To summarise, three things stood out

1. Customer Service have no clue when your phone will be delivered.
2. They will cook up any kind of BS story to turn you away. This particular advisor made up almost three stories each contradicting the other. (Guess he would be the employee of the month then! Hero)
3. If, as stated by the CS advisor, O2 is getting more matt black iphone 7 plus in stock today, then i believe those of you who have ordered before me should start receiveing their handsets Monday onwards.

As for me, I will look at the possibility of starting a legal plea against O2. Would be helpful if people agree to support me should i decide to go ahead with the legal proceedings.

Good day all.

Message 2966 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable
Delivery planned for Monday!
Message 2967 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess i managed to ruffle some feathers at O2.

Just got a text and email confirming that the order is on it's way for delivery on Monday. Cheers

Message 2968 of 3,109

ghostwalker
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ordered my JB 256 at 11am on 9/9 but I haven't got that tarrif upgrade text yet....
Message 2969 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully mines not too far behind @Anonymous
Message 2970 of 3,109