cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery expectations for iPhone 7 PLUS?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seperate thread for 7+ customers to update each other.

Message 1 of 3,109
3,108 REPLIES 3,108

Benlfc
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous BPF is very very strict, one thing to bare in mind is you may get passed this time but I'm led to believe next year when you go to upgrade to the next phone your credit checked again a lot can happen in a year and if you get refused by them and decide to let's say go back with O2 if your on a sim only you will be credit checked again by O2 to take out a contract phone and if you get declined in that then well......

Message 1421 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Doesn't Apple's financing cost significantly more than just getting the phone from O2? I'd like to get my hands on something sooner but not if it's going to cost more.

If you go for the upgrade program, AppleCare+ is included and it works out marginally more expensive than the device plan with O2. In my case with a 7 Plus 256GB it was £1019 with O2 (£179 + 24x £35). With Apple it's £1038 (£49 + 20x £49.45). So in my case O2 charge £100 on top of the RRP of the device which is £919. The £1038 you pay Apple is £919 for the device and £119 for AC+

Apple do the option of 20 months 0% finance where you don't have to take AC+, but it's not the upgrade program. But you pay £919 total for a £919 RRP device.

Also remember you don't have to leave O2 with your airtime contract. You're probably on a good tariff so why not stay on it? I'm staying with O2 for my airtime.

Message 1422 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

The latest from live chat (I know!).

Out of stock on the higher configeration models.  Apple have provided a maximum timeframe of up until mid-October to complete and they are continuing to ship out between then.  Apparently the shipments are containing less orders which has been problematic.  Makes sense when some but not all of us are receiving orders for the same product.

Pre-ordered iPhone 7 plus 128gb Jet Black on 09/09/16 at around 09:00am.   No communication whatsoever except the order confirmation e-mail.

Message 1423 of 3,109

jtbull
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I went into an o2 store yesterday on Tottenham Court Road and asked in there about 7+ models and preorders. guy there said as a store they still had received no 7+ and were told that for both preorders and non-preorders that had been told end of November. He seemed very surprised I'd been told otherwise by CS.

Now to me end of Nov seems really a bit too far off even considering the delay, but yet again shows how poor communication has been.
Message 1424 of 3,109

NathanKenneford
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous What is the complaint number please?

Message 1425 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I reserved my phone and walked into a Apple Store this morning and moved onto the upgrade program. 

I'll ring o2 and cancelling my order, so hopefully this will bump someone in the queue up. 

I'll ask o2 what they can do with my tarifff, and if it isn't as good as what others are offering, then I will cancel that too. 

Message 1426 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable
@NathanKenneford
The complaint I have is personal to my situation, can I ask why you'd want my complaint number?
Thanks
Message 1427 of 3,109

NathanKenneford
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My apologies @Anonymous 

I thought you had a specific number to call for making a complaint.

Message 1428 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable
@NathanKenneford
No, I raised my complaint on the web chat system. I didn't expect much to come of it, but I guess O2 are listening to some customers.
Thanks
Message 1429 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

So. I've just been in to my local store for a play at Middelbrook near Bolton and to see what stories they have and the young lad said. "Honestly mate I've not got a clue" "we've not even had any in store or for display" "it's all Apple". Gotta applaud his honesty and new answer. 

Message 1430 of 3,109