Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Reply
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Delivery expectations for iPhone 7 PLUS?


@Jeevster wrote:

Lets have a reality check

 

1) anyone who ordered the jet black at ANY time on the 9th, you will be waiting a while, having said that Apple websites are seeing improved delivery dates for jet black iphones today.

2) People need to start saying what they ordered instead of the time, obviously some handsets are more constrained than others, but plus models in Black and Jet Black are the most constrained.

3) Anyone who ordered late on the 9th or even after and espeacially ordering the jet black or black models, may well be waiting into October or later, as apple are launching to another bunch of countries soon as well.

4) stop saying O2 are despatching out of order just because someone has got a plus after you ordered yours, most of the time these people havent stated the colour or size, and when asked it is gold or rose gold that are more freely available

 

I hope this all improves, but if im honest, you cant blame O2 for the delays, they will have placed pre-orders based on numbers of devices available from Apple, if apple havent met those obligations, there is not a lot O2 can do. 

 

However I agree the communications have not been great, little or no updates  - espeacially compared to other operators, and this is is the only gripe that should be levered at O2 (that includes mis-information). 

 

Just my views but an honest judgement of where we are with these, lets hope for better news tomorrow Smiley Happy

 


Except they ARE dispatching out-of-order, as the fact my bro received the same device that I ordered (256GB Silver Plus) on Friday and he had pre-ordered 9 hours after I did....

Level 4: Observant
Posts: 171
Registered: ‎15-09-2012

Re: Delivery expectations for iPhone 7 PLUS?


@Anonymous wrote:

@Jeevster wrote:

Lets have a reality check

 

1) anyone who ordered the jet black at ANY time on the 9th, you will be waiting a while, having said that Apple websites are seeing improved delivery dates for jet black iphones today.

2) People need to start saying what they ordered instead of the time, obviously some handsets are more constrained than others, but plus models in Black and Jet Black are the most constrained.

3) Anyone who ordered late on the 9th or even after and espeacially ordering the jet black or black models, may well be waiting into October or later, as apple are launching to another bunch of countries soon as well.

4) stop saying O2 are despatching out of order just because someone has got a plus after you ordered yours, most of the time these people havent stated the colour or size, and when asked it is gold or rose gold that are more freely available

 

I hope this all improves, but if im honest, you cant blame O2 for the delays, they will have placed pre-orders based on numbers of devices available from Apple, if apple havent met those obligations, there is not a lot O2 can do. 

 

However I agree the communications have not been great, little or no updates  - espeacially compared to other operators, and this is is the only gripe that should be levered at O2 (that includes mis-information). 

 

Just my views but an honest judgement of where we are with these, lets hope for better news tomorrow Smiley Happy

 


Except they ARE dispatching out-of-order, as the fact my bro received the same device that I ordered (256GB Silver Plus) on Friday and he had pre-ordered 9 hours after I did....


click and collect or delivery?

 

Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Delivery expectations for iPhone 7 PLUS?


@Jeevster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jeevster wrote:

Lets have a reality check

 

1) anyone who ordered the jet black at ANY time on the 9th, you will be waiting a while, having said that Apple websites are seeing improved delivery dates for jet black iphones today.

2) People need to start saying what they ordered instead of the time, obviously some handsets are more constrained than others, but plus models in Black and Jet Black are the most constrained.

3) Anyone who ordered late on the 9th or even after and espeacially ordering the jet black or black models, may well be waiting into October or later, as apple are launching to another bunch of countries soon as well.

4) stop saying O2 are despatching out of order just because someone has got a plus after you ordered yours, most of the time these people havent stated the colour or size, and when asked it is gold or rose gold that are more freely available

 

I hope this all improves, but if im honest, you cant blame O2 for the delays, they will have placed pre-orders based on numbers of devices available from Apple, if apple havent met those obligations, there is not a lot O2 can do. 

 

However I agree the communications have not been great, little or no updates  - espeacially compared to other operators, and this is is the only gripe that should be levered at O2 (that includes mis-information). 

 

Just my views but an honest judgement of where we are with these, lets hope for better news tomorrow Smiley Happy

 


Except they ARE dispatching out-of-order, as the fact my bro received the same device that I ordered (256GB Silver Plus) on Friday and he had pre-ordered 9 hours after I did....


click and collect or delivery?

 


His was delivery, mine is click and collect. However according to O2 on Twitter, both are processed the same, it's just where they are delivered to that is different.

 

He also received a 128GB Rose Gold Plus at the same time, pre-ordered at the same time.

Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Delivery expectations for iPhone 7 PLUS?

It took me five minutes to write this letter. All O2 had to do this weekend was send out something like this and none of us would be here venting about their shocking lack of communication. Instead we've got a short paragraph buried in the small print on the iPhone preorder page, several hundred phone and live chat representatives each with a different story to tell, and @Toby here trying his best not to go grey before Christmas. Apple may have gotten this launch wrong, but O2 didn't have to! Everyone would have been happy to receive this on Friday evening?

 

 

Spoiler

Dear Customer,

 

First of all, a sincere thank you for preordering your new iPhone through O2. Whether you've been with us for years or you're just joining us, we're very grateful to have you as a customer, and we hope to continue to give you the excellent service you deserve. As CEO, I'd like to personally welcome you - or welcome you back - to the O2 family.

 

You may have heard in the news that the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus release has been hit by severe stock shortages across the world. The UK has been no exception - demand for the new iPhone has been totally unprecedented, particularly for the new black and jet black finishes. Most of the stock Apple had available sold out over the initial weekend of preorders, and they're working hard to make sure everyone who wants a new iPhone will be able to get one.

 

Unfortunately, what all this means for us is that we have to expect some delays. O2 has received a large number of preorders and right now it's impossible to say for certain when the stock will be available, but we're working to fulfil all our preorders as quickly as possible, by the order in which they were placed. Please don't panic if your My O2 account doesn't show an expected delivery date yet - you're our number one priority and we'll let you know as soon as we have a date for you.

 

For now, sit tight! It'll be worth waiting for. What's more, as a way of saying sorry for the delay, please accept our offer of 50% off our range of iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus cases and screen protectors. We'll make the discount code available in O2 Priority as soon as your phone arrives, and you can use it in store or online.

 

Thank you again for being an O2 customer. We'll give you a delivery date as soon as we can, and if there are any updates in the meantime, we'll be back in touch to let you know.

 

Yours,

Mark Evans

O2 Chief Executive Officer

 

Highlighted
Level 3: Thinker
Posts: 35
Registered: ‎13-09-2014

Re: Delivery expectations for iPhone 7 PLUS?

lol this thread is getting silly now -  a bit sad drafting letters on behalf of CEOs because your pre order hasn't shown up.

Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Delivery expectations for iPhone 7 PLUS?

hahahaha. Wow. Yeah, that's properly insane.

Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Delivery expectations for iPhone 7 PLUS?

@Anonymous is right though. A communication like the example drafted would have gone a long way to appease people's concerns.

I can wait for the phone no problem, it's not as if my life is that tragic that I can't manage without it but, the absolute horsepoo we've been fed by CS so far is pretty poor.

Apparently we'll all be updated today.....we'll see.
Level 6: Acolyte
Posts: 196
Registered: ‎12-07-2014

Re: Delivery expectations for iPhone 7 PLUS?

Well, I spent about 3-4hrs last night transferring data. Had to back up my 6+ which took nearly an hour so I could get my recent numbers etc then restored the 7+ from that back up. I still lost some info but nothing serious. 

 

I love it, it's fast, has a weird click when you hit the home button too. 

Mom not sure what all the wireless headphones are about though. I haven't taken them out of the box yet but just looking at them they still have the wires, they've just added an extra wire to connect them to. Hard to explain but the earphones are the same with an extra bit of plastic then there's a small wire (about 3inches long) that slots into the charging port which has a connector to plug the earphones in. So, not better, just more fiddly and another wire to worry about. 

Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Delivery expectations for iPhone 7 PLUS?


@mrsbaker1 wrote:

Well, I spent about 3-4hrs last night transferring data. Had to back up my 6+ which took nearly an hour so I could get my recent numbers etc then restored the 7+ from that back up. I still lost some info but nothing serious. 

 

I love it, it's fast, has a weird click when you hit the home button too. 

Mom not sure what all the wireless headphones are about though. I haven't taken them out of the box yet but just looking at them they still have the wires, they've just added an extra wire to connect them to. Hard to explain but the earphones are the same with an extra bit of plastic then there's a small wire (about 3inches long) that slots into the charging port which has a connector to plug the earphones in. So, not better, just more fiddly and another wire to worry about. 


The included earphones aren't the wireless ones. You have the pleasure of paying around £150 for those when they are released in October. The supplied earphones are just like the old ones but have a lightning connector to connect to the lightning port, as opposed to a normal headphone plug as that socket has been removed from the 7/7 Plus.

Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Delivery expectations for iPhone 7 PLUS?

The EarPods aren't included and haven't been launched yet. You get lightning