cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery expectations for iPhone 7 PLUS?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seperate thread for 7+ customers to update each other.

Message 1 of 3,109
3,108 REPLIES 3,108

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeevster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There's a news article on another forum with the initials MR, stating that Jet Black Plus devices are shipping much sooner than expected from Apple. In fact people who were initially told delivery in October and November are getting devices in the next few days......

Hopefully that article is reliable.

That's on Macrumours (that's what MR stands for) and is related apple ordered devices....

Ah right, I had no idea what MR stood for haha. 

Message 311 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think people need to be asking questions of Apple. Sure, they don't release sales figures by model, but they definitely have them. They know what the sales growth is like from one iPhone release to the next. Any five year-old with a calculator could work out how many units they need to make and where they need to ship them to fulfil initial demand. Instead we get probably the worst, most haphazard release schedule I've ever seen.

"Here's our new phone, you can order it 48 hours from now. You might get one the week after that, or you might have to wait until November, we just don't know. By the way, check out these new wireless headphones we'd like you to use with it... Probably won't be able to get those until a couple of weeks after the phone comes out. Did we mention the new camera feature? Yeah, we haven't finished working on that yet, it'll be available later in the year. But you should definitely buy the phone right now!"

I'd cancel my order and switch to the Samsung Note 7 if it wasn't for... Well, the less said about that the better.

Time to look elsewhere, I think, for both phone and provider. Apple have failed comprehensively. O2 have exposed their customer service as severely lacking.

Message 312 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may be right ShamefulDisplay, sadly. 

Message 313 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was very clear to the guy at O2 CS that I knew it wasn't his fault, and my frustration was in no way directed at him but considering the following, I want to get as far away from O2 as possible:

1. Apple has a big release every year, yet their website can't deal with the traffic on pre-order day and crashes meaning those who almost ordered at 8:05am were pushed out until around 9am

2. I've had NO contact saying there was a delay

3. Their social media implied that customers complaining were acting like spoiled brats

4. Their live chat told me my iPhone would be delivered on launch date

5. EE's MD has recorded an apology for customers what o2 have released ONE statement on Friday night - which is totally inconclusive

6. Not that I got the text, but they waited until gone 9pm (when their call centre shuts) the night before many were expecting their iPhones, to sent out the notification regarding stock shortage

7. When I spoke to someone on Friday on the phone, the told me O2's sales team has been informed FIVE days previously that they couldn't fulfil the stock. Yet O2 kept quiet.

Message 314 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did everyone see this?

O2 in the UK on Twitter   @matttinx20 so glad to see at least someone is thinking logically. #Phew .png

Message 315 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think people need to be asking questions of Apple. Sure, they don't release sales figures by model, but they definitely have them. They know what the sales growth is like from one iPhone release to the next. Any five year-old with a calculator could work out how many units they need to make and where they need to ship them to fulfil initial demand. Instead we get probably the worst, most haphazard release schedule I've ever seen.

"Here's our new phone, you can order it 48 hours from now. You might get one the week after that, or you might have to wait until November, we just don't know. By the way, check out these new wireless headphones we'd like you to use with it... Probably won't be able to get those until a couple of weeks after the phone comes out. Did we mention the new camera feature? Yeah, we haven't finished working on that yet, it'll be available later in the year. But you should definitely buy the phone right now!"

I'd cancel my order and switch to the Samsung Note 7 if it wasn't for... Well, the less said about that the better.

Time to look elsewhere, I think, for both phone and provider. Apple have failed comprehensively. O2 have exposed their customer service as severely lacking.

Wasn't Apple convinced the iPhone was in trouble though?

Message 316 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

ee and carphone warehouse are giving NEW customer delivery estimates from 10th oct to 14th oct for plus models. So o2 plus model pre orders have got to be before that date. NOVEMBER seems far fetched. This is just an estimated guess, but who knows

Message 317 of 3,109

kinetiktheory
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I spoke to Apple today and they predicted the volume of sales but the Pre Orders have way exceeded what they predicted...
Message 318 of 3,109

Jeevster
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Lets have a reality check

1) anyone who ordered the jet black at ANY time on the 9th, you will be waiting a while, having said that Apple websites are seeing improved delivery dates for jet black iphones today.

2) People need to start saying what they ordered instead of the time, obviously some handsets are more constrained than others, but plus models in Black and Jet Black are the most constrained.

3) Anyone who ordered late on the 9th or even after and espeacially ordering the jet black or black models, may well be waiting into October or later, as apple are launching to another bunch of countries soon as well.

4) stop saying O2 are despatching out of order just because someone has got a plus after you ordered yours, most of the time these people havent stated the colour or size, and when asked it is gold or rose gold that are more freely available

I hope this all improves, but if im honest, you cant blame O2 for the delays, they will have placed pre-orders based on numbers of devices available from Apple, if apple havent met those obligations, there is not a lot O2 can do. 

However I agree the communications have not been great, little or no updates  - espeacially compared to other operators, and this is is the only gripe that should be levered at O2 (that includes mis-information). 

Just my views but an honest judgement of where we are with these, lets hope for better news tomorrow slight_smile

Message 319 of 3,109

Jeevster
Level 4: Observant
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Did everyone see this?

O2 in the UK on Twitter   @matttinx20 so glad to see at least someone is thinking logically. #Phew .png

No but to be honest some people on twitter are acting like spoilt children, not seeing much of that in here thankfully

Message 320 of 3,109