cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data connection problems iPhone 7 plus

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having problems with my data connection and I don't know whether it's an O2 issue or a problem with my phone.

The phone shows full 3G signal.  However, periodically the data stops working (still showing full five bar signal).  If I toggle airplane mode on / off the data comes back again, but only temporarily.  After a while it stops working and I have to toggle airplane mode on and off again.

I've tried restoring the phone and resetting network settings, but still get the problem.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

No Service Bug

The phone displays a "no service" message after the airplane mode is enabled and disabled. It is found in the upper left corner of the screen. It is not able to connect to cellular networks. Apple has yet to fix this bug. Though the company has already acknowledged the problem. The temporary solution is to power the phone off and remove the SIM. Then re-insert the Sim and turn the phone back on. This is according to BGR.

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/31709/20160921/the-problems-that-iphone-7-and-ios-10-face.htm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

No Service Bug

The phone displays a "no service" message after the airplane mode is enabled and disabled. It is found in the upper left corner of the screen. It is not able to connect to cellular networks. Apple has yet to fix this bug. Though the company has already acknowledged the problem. The temporary solution is to power the phone off and remove the SIM. Then re-insert the Sim and turn the phone back on. This is according to BGR.

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/31709/20160921/the-problems-that-iphone-7-and-ios-10-face.htm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah this happens to me a lot as well with iPhone 7 plus 4G stops working randomly yet still displays 4G and still full bar signal. But I was ringing out each time and it usually triggered it back on but it is really annoying
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having similar signal issues with my iphone7 128gb purchased direct with Apple and on a 02 Monthly tarriff. Spoke to O2 and to be fair they were helpful and ran several tests and have arranged for a new sim card to be sent out however it seems to be the phone or software. Several US owners have reported problems and have attributed them to airplane mode, Waze, GPS. Having complained to Apple directly they have sent out a replacement handset but it wont be with me for 1-2 weeks!!!!!! I just wish Apple or the carriers will release a software update as I'm currently left with what in effect is a very expensive ipod.
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having this problem also, phone keeps flipping from 3G to 4g and also cutting out completely!!! Get notices say no cellular signal constantly
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad it's not just me then! Not sure whether to try and get my phone switched or wait and see if a software update fixes it. 

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently switched from a samsung galaxy s7 edge to my iphone 7 and couldnt connect to mobile internet even though my phone said i had 4g. I spoke to o2 online chat and advised them of the recent switch, they looked at my account and I had a samsung bolt on on the account they said, switched this to an iphone bolt on whilst on chat and immediately my mobile internet started working

Message 7 of 17

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes it does and new connections always get the default blackberry Bolt on if the CS agent can't be bothered to set it correctly.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

This actually works! Tell them you had a Android data plan and it needs to be changed to an iPhone one (or I guess vice verse if you went IOS to Android?). They can do it with the online chat. Fixed my data within 5 minutes after months of putting up with it. I'm delighted 🙂

Message 10 of 17