cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to my synology nas

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok so I have a synology nas and I can connect fine to it on my WiFi but when I’m on 3G or 4g it’s very hit and miss. I’m first thinking signal strength but it worked perfect one day in places it didn’t before and even in very low signal places. So I’ve been looking into my up while on data and ip while on WiFi. They are different and the one on data changes a lot. I think it’s due to the different addresses and some getting blocked some not, maybe. I have opened some ports on my router that the synology apps use but would o2 block a port on their end? As it only wont connect (sometime) while on the data?
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey it’s all good it’s all sorted now I did get the problem again after we spoke but it was a silly little problem and all my fault. When I was setting up port forwarding on my router and it asked for an IP address I should have put the synology nas address not my router IP address. So basically it wasn’t opening the full path but it seems good for a few days now x thank you all
Message 11 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Good news and thanks for updating us.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 23

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Great news @Anonymous!!! 

Wish you a very happy new year champagne_glass

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 13 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I will just mention here that I googled Synology Nas as I had absolutely no idea of what it was. Every day's a school day...Bow

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 23

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
"Network attached storage", so like having a cloud backup but to a networked hard drive.
Synology is a brand name and for the sake of advertising, other NAS devices are available wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
"Network attached storage", so like having a cloud backup but to a networked hard drive.
Synology is a brand name and for the sake of advertising, other NAS devices are available wink

Thanks for that @MI5. This is what I meant about learning new stuff every day..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 23

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Thanks for that @MI5. This is what I meant about learning new stuff every day..:smileywink:

Same here! Bouncy I love learning heart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 17 of 23

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Happy to help slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 18 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well it’s all made me learn a bit and it’s been really good knowing that I didn’t know anything much about this a week or two ago. But I do my photography and I back up my photos on external hdd and then I used to back that onto cloud storage using pogoplug but they went bust and then amazon cloud but they are charging £240 now instead of unlimited storage for £55 so I was like ok I’ll but me one of these and handle it myself. So now if a client wants their photo I can send them. From anywhere. Also I can put anything on there and anyone at home can access the stuff asking as the login. It’s cool. The interface is much like windows but some of the settings were a bit more technical but it’s a good little device. I listen to my music on the train.
Message 19 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ps thank you mercedesS you too. slight_smile
Message 20 of 23