cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling All iPhone 5s/5c owners. I need your help !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calling for help off all you iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c owners.

I really need your help in my dilemma at being near my time to upgrade to the next iPhone.

My History :

I have used various iPhones and my current handset is the iPhone 5 16gb Black-Slate, which I've been using for nearly a year on the o2 Network, and now am very interested in upgrading to one of the new iPhones.

What I'm asking from all you early adopters of the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c, is to please give me an honest, real life user review of how you are finding your new iPhone.

Your Reviews on ;

• What is the battery life like for you, and how does it handle iOS7.
  • Is the iPhone 5s really snappier than the iPhone 5 ,with its new a7 chip.
  • How does the iPhone 5c handle. is it sturdy with the plastic shell.
  • Is the Camera and its functions better.
  • In true life what is the Touch ID like. Is it hit and miss or accurate.
  • What is 4G like on the new iPhone.
  • What colour and capacity did you opt for and why.
  • What handset did you upgrade from and how does your new handset compare.

As I'm going to be using the iPhone on the o2 Network I need you guys and gals to tell me how it really is.

Really looking forward to your frank and honest reviews.

Thank you in advance.

Lee.

iphone 5s:5c.jpeg

Message 1 of 98
97 REPLIES 97

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning @Fatboy,

Thank you for your mini review.

Seems to me your into fitness and the app you mention although I've not used it sounds very useful.

It does sound like the a7 chip is the new brain of the iPhone 5s ,and its performing brilliantly especially if its performing the way more and more people are saying. 

I do have iOS7 on my iPhone 5 and it does run as smooth as butter, so can only imagine how it performs on the iPhone 5s, with all it s extra power under the hood.

Most people I've spoken to speak highly of the camera and its new specs and although I really only use the camera for the odd bit of 'capturing that special moment', its nice to see that Apple have moved forward with this feature.

I remember reading one of your previous threads about not using the 4 digit passcode due to the "inconvenience", of using it, and as like you when I owned the iPhone 4s ,I was of the same mindset. However when this iPhone was pickpocketed from me the first thing that crossed my mind was that I had wished the passcode was activated, so since then I always do use the passcode.

Plus with the passcode activated the keychain in iOS7 allows automatic log into the O2 Network , which is way more easier than having to key in my e mail address everytime !

After viewing the different colour options I will also be choosing the Space Grey. The white has never had any draw for me, and even with the gold being a subtle colour its still a little bit too light in colour for my tastes.

I'm torn between 16gb and 32 gb right now. As I said I don't take lots of pictures and nor do I keep all my music on the iPhone 5 I'm using right now. I keep a couple of albums on it any one point point, with my full library being on my ipodtouch.

ForexamplemyiPhone5isa16gb,andIstillhave9.3gbavailablespaceonit :smileyhappy:

Have you decided to use any type of case on the iPhone 5s yet.

I use a bumper and a carbon fibre decal wrap on mine, which is really just to add a bit of grip to the phone itself.

The new leather case looks nice albeit quite expensive.

Message 41 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning to you too bandofbrothers slight_smile

Yeah the A7 chip does seem to be rather good, especially with its partnership of the M7 co-processor, its a real battery saver when it comes to fitness apps, and I can only imagine more apps will make use of the A7's extra grunt and also the M7's features too as time goes on.

Sorry to hear you got your 4s pickpocketed. I was foolish for not using a passcode and I would have felt the exact same way as you did if I'd had my iPhone stolen. It was mentioned at the Keynote that there was only a small percentage of people used a passcode, so in light of this having something as quick and as hasslefree to use as Touch ID, can only be a good thing if it makes more and more iPhone users use security on their iPhone's.

The Space Grey & black, is a really nice combination and I was immediately impressed with the color when I opened the box. I have went right off the white iPhone's, but the Gold & White does look a lot better than it did on the leaked pictures, but it's still not for me.

I think a 16 gb will be perfect for you based on how much space you have left now. Unless your planning to install a lot of games, I would go with the 16 gb 5s.

I don't really like the bumper type cases or the silicone/rubber cases. What I have for my iPhone is the Sena Ultraslim Classic leather pouch. I use this when I am putting my iPhone into my sports bag or into my coat pocket. It covers the bottom, sides, back & front of the iPhone but its quick and easy to push it out of the pouch when I need to use the iPhone. Its beautifully made and fits the iPhone like a glove, nice snug fit with no chance of the iPhone falling out of it. I paid around £18 for it on Amazon, so its a lot cheaper than the Apple leather case.

Here's the link to the Sena pouch I got:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009QVQ2F6/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I do really like the look of the Apple leather case, it's just it doesn't cover the screen and also I use my iPhone in a sports armband when I'm in the gym, so it would be a hassle taking it out of the leather case everytime I was putting it into my armband. From what I have read on other forums, the Apple leather case is a bit tight to remove once it's on. I've also read that some 3rd party USB to Lightning cables have thicker/wider housing round the Lightning connector, which means they won't fit through the opening on the bottom of the Apple leather case and also some docks and adapters won't fit either, so it's something to consider if you have these items and are thinking of getting the Apple leather case.

Message 42 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

As always @Fatboy your comments are most helpful.

Thank you for the link to the case/pouch.

Some positive comments.

Thank you and enjoy your Sunday.

Message 43 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

Enjoy your Sunday too bandofbrothers.

Message 44 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable
One thing to be aware of is a lot of people are experiencing sensor calibration issues at the moment.

My compass is off by about 6 degrees and the level app by about 2 degrees.

If you play any games that rely on the sensors to turn, this can cause you to turn even when your phone is completely flat, and makes controlling it seem unnatural.

Personally for me it's not a big deal, and I'm sure there will be some kind of fix soon - hopefully a simple software update.
Message 45 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @matttye

I've read about that on a few blog sites and that Apple are aware. Let's hope they fix this swiftly for the gamers.
Message 46 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

Although I'm not experiencing the sensor, compass issue, I expect Apple will fix it shortly with an update. Apple are normally pretty swift with software fixes.

Message 47 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable
I expect iOS 7.0.3 then possibly iOS 7.1
Message 48 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I expect iOS 7.0.3 then possibly iOS 7.1

Yeah sounds about right.

Message 49 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable
@beegee
@Fatboy

Just wanted to thank you both for your case recommendations.

Both now ordered as I do like to mix it up a bit.

slight_smile
Message 50 of 98