Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esim new phone number

Aaron14
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I recently just switched from Android to Apple and have an Esim on the iPhone. I transferred my old number over, and it claims to have "ported over", but my new phone shows its number as being different, so I cannot make calls to that number or set up WhatsApp.

If I try to call my own number it just beeps (on the new phone), and on the old phone it says the person I'm calling is on another line.

What do I need to do? 

Thanks, 

Aaron

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@Aaron14 

Contact O2.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Aaron14
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I contacted them. I tried what they told me to do, but it didn't work. 

I changed my number manually in settings, which ended the call. And my number still showed as different (the temporary one from O2). 

Called them back, went through the same process, and they said it should show once I restart my phone. Tried that, temp number still shows.

Tested receiving a text and a call, and the text went to my old phone while the call came through the new phone... but if I call from my old phone it doesn't go through to my new phone. 

How is it possible I get a text to one phone, but the call goes to the other phone?

It seems like I'd be best just putting my old physical sim of the number I want to port/keep into the new phone. Would that work?

Thanks

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@Aaron14 

You need to sign out of your Apple ID on the old phone.

Do a reset of your network settings and then recheck your number.

You can also use your old sim if still working.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4