cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple authentication codes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Utterly infuritating.

I just recieved my replacement iphone from O2 which i wanted to restore from a backup... but the thing requires an authentication code which they send VIA TEXT MESSAGE to the same phone im currently locked out of while setting it up. Ridiculous scenario.

Now it says ive requested too many codes (as none came through) so the fella on the phone at Apple says 'yeah, you'll just have to wait mate or try finding another phone you can put the sim card in'

😕

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

So managed to get into the phone eventually with the phone call option....

However there is surely a flaw there. My iPad has been locked all week after it also requested an auth code which was sent to the 'trusted number'... that being the phone away being fixed for the past week.

I guess it means anyone stealing it would find it hard to make use of anything, but it still seems a bit of an annoyance. Don't see why they cant use email.

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144076 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You need to tell Apple as I assume you have 2 step verification turned on which is nothing to do with O2 I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3