Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular Data stuck on 'Activating'

markrduk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

I purchased a new Apple Watch Cellular with data plan from O2 last week and it came Friday morning.

I don't seem to be able to get the Cellular data working on the watch. I've activated the plan, but it's just stuck on 'Activating'.

I called 202 over the weekend and factory reset the watch (and they said they reset everything at their end) and tried to re-set it up, but it's still activating.

Spoke to somebody on chat who said they would raise a ticket, but that it will take days... I'm ready to just send the thing back - does anyone have any suggestions?

(Visual Voicemail and WiFi calling are activated and phone and watch are up to date with the latest software version.)

Many thanks

Message 1 of 289
288 REPLIES 288

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37264 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1698 Solutions

@Mugen360 wrote:

Same it’s been 4 months now. Before I would at least get the option to add the £5 plan, but now all I get is the

We’re setting up your Apple Watch on the O2 network and we’ll text you when it’s all done. If you don’t receive a text within 24 hours, call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 08.

I don’t even get the case number update text messages anymore….

and have spoken to both @o2Sara and @o2Luke and it’s no resolution. 

@O2Georgina is on today, @Mugen360 and @Andy1972 and @Piggy - tagged to see if there is something that has been missed for you, keep a watch for a message asking for info needed to check. Good luck!

Message 181 of 289

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@pgn  Thanks for the tag

@Mugen360  I  will send you a private message now

signature
Message 182 of 289

Barcelo
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning! I also have the “activating “ issue on my Apple Watch app on my iPhone. I’ve got latest iOS and watchOS and went through the £5 airtime bit when setting up the Watch. @O2Georgina is there any magic you can do? Thanks!

Message 183 of 289

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124264 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

@Barcelo 

@O2Georgina isn't on today. I will tag @O2Sarah- who is on from 8am. She will be in toucn on this thread.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 184 of 289

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning 

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 

@Barcelo I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 185 of 289

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124264 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

Thanks @O2Sarah-  xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 186 of 289

adg461
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been stuck in this situation for nearly a month (since 21st January), I've called O2 repeatedly, I've spoken to O2 staff through the community, I've emailed the customer complaints email address twice, I've contacted O2 via Twitter ... still haven't had a single callback. I was told that the issue was picked up by the engineering team on 6th February ... still nothing

Message 187 of 289

Barcelo
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m gonna try a sim swap to try to solve this.🤞 

Message 188 of 289

T_K
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This worked for me instantaneously! I unpaired the watch before activating and swapping over to the new sim, then went through the watch set up after and it worked immediately. Definitely recommend trying!

Message 189 of 289

Barcelo
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ll let you know when I get the new SIM card and follow steps. Thanks!

Message 190 of 289