Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular Data stuck on 'Activating'

markrduk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

I purchased a new Apple Watch Cellular with data plan from O2 last week and it came Friday morning.

I don't seem to be able to get the Cellular data working on the watch. I've activated the plan, but it's just stuck on 'Activating'.

I called 202 over the weekend and factory reset the watch (and they said they reset everything at their end) and tried to re-set it up, but it's still activating.

Spoke to somebody on chat who said they would raise a ticket, but that it will take days... I'm ready to just send the thing back - does anyone have any suggestions?

(Visual Voicemail and WiFi calling are activated and phone and watch are up to date with the latest software version.)

Many thanks

Message 1 of 289
288 REPLIES 288

LukeS95
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having the same issue connecting my watch to the provider 

It just says we’re setting up your Apple Watch on the network and will text you when it’s done and then telling me to quote 08 when calling o2 but the watch app is asking me to set up a mobile service can someone help?

Message 171 of 289

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124264 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

@LukeS95I'll ask @O2Georgina to help you. She's on tomorrow at 8am, so come back to the thread in the morning.

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 172 of 289

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks  for the tag @Cleoriff 

@LukeS95  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 173 of 289

Cleoriff
  • 124264 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

Thanks @O2Georgina xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 174 of 289

SarahB81
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having received a new eSim today, I called CS and I was told I didn't need to do that.  They reset the data plan at their end and it started to activate and work. Fingers crossed it stays like it!

Message 175 of 289

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37264 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1698 Solutions

@SarahB81 wrote:

Having received a new eSim today, I called CS and I was told I didn't need to do that.  They reset the data plan at their end and it started to activate and work. Fingers crossed it stays like it!

That is brilliant news, @SarahB81 - so solution #3 appears to be to have O2 "reset the data plan" (on the watch-side of the deal, I guess?).

FYI solutions to dat:

#1 was "upgrade iPhone to iOS 16.3 and watch to latest OS 9.3;

#2 was "Replace the physical SIM in the iPhone and do a SIM Swap to move your number from old to new SIM"

And this one is #3...

Message 176 of 289

SarahB81
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes the £5 deal for the watch.  Hope it continues to work.

Shocking that some on here are still months down the line with no resolution.  A company like o2 really should have it working from point of order.

Message 177 of 289

Piggy
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So has anyone ever got this working?

Weighing up going through all this pain, or just switching to EE

Message 178 of 289

Andy1972
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It’s a NO  from me. 
I periodically get an SMS saying “O2: We are looking into the problem you reported. We will be in touch again soon when we have got an update. Your case number is INC……”

Nothing ever changes. No human ever calls. 

Message 179 of 289

Mugen360
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same it’s been 4 months now. Before I would at least get the option to add the £5 plan, but now all I get is the

We’re setting up your Apple Watch on the O2 network and we’ll text you when it’s all done. If you don’t receive a text within 24 hours, call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 08.

I don’t even get the case number update text messages anymore….

and have spoken to both @o2Sara and @o2Luke and it’s no resolution. 

Message 180 of 289