Did you mean: 

Apple Watch 6 Mobile Data Issue

Andy07
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

I am trying to activate mobile data on a new Apple Watch 6 purchased from Apple, but when I go into the Apple Watch app on my phone and select Mobile Data, I am taken to the following message (since attempting to set up mobile data 6 days ago):

“We're setting up your Apple Watch on the O2 network and we'll text you when it's all done. If you don't receive a text within 24 hours, call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 08."

I didn’t get a text and nobody on 202 seems to know how to help/what reference code 08 is, so I wondered if anyone on here can?

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Andy07 

Usually means you have a previous watch still tied to your account?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Andy07
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 Thanks for the reply. I’ve not had a smart watch previously so don’t think that should be the case, but will check.
Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Andy07 

Also check your phone settings that you have motion and fitness enabled. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

Andy07
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks @MI5 I do have those enabled on my phone.
Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Andy07 

I'll have to ask @O2Georgina to look into this for you in the morning as it needs your account to be set up properly.

You may not have iData enabled so the system won't recognise that you have an iPhone but she can check that and anything else.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 14

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Morning @MI5 , Thanks for the tag, @Andy07  I will send you a private message so we can assist you to day.

signature
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Thanks @O2Georgina thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Andy07
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks both @MI5 and @O2Georgina 👍🏻
I’ve responded to Georgina’s private message.
Message 9 of 14

Liam5
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I seem to be having the same problem.

Have a Pay Monthly plan on an iPhone 7 Plus, which I have had for several years.

Received a new Apple Watch Series 6 direct from Apple on Friday (25th) and went through the set-up/pair process on my phone/watch.

Got to the data set-up part and went through the security/data plan set-up process and sent the usual 'will send you a text in 24hrs once set-up.

After 48hrs tried the set-up process and got the exact same 'We’re setting up your Apple Watch on the O2 network and we’ll text you when it’s all done. If you don’t receive a text within 24 hours, call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 08'

So tried unpairing, factory re-set, pair agin process several times and each time when I get to the mobile data set-up process I get the same message.

Have spoken to O2 both on the chat services and on the phone (202) and told that they can see that my watch tried to setup a data plan and then immediately cancelled it, even though I didn't cancel it. Can only assume a bug.

Anyway, told that they can't do anything to resolve this issue and have escalated and I was told that I would get a call back within 3-5 days.

So here I am a week later with a watch I can't pair to my phone/O2 network and no solution.

I have even spoken to Apple who say there is nothing wrong with the watch and the issue is with the Network Provider.

Can I ask if you managed to resolve your problem and if so how?

Thanks in advance.

Message 10 of 14