cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to use apps when on wifi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since the marsh mallow upgrade on my S6,everytime i connect to the internet and try and use facebook app,keeps saying no internet connection,wasnt like this before the upgrade to marsh mallow,so im constantly having to use the app on my data allowance even at home or at work,which is eating into my monthly data allowance big time,no other app appears to be affected,i have unistalled and reinstalled the app,factory reset my phone several times and this makes absolutely no difference,is there anyone on here that can shed some light on this or know of a solution to fix it please.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Have you checked a settings box saying to use over mobile data only? Either on the app itself but more likely in phone data settings?
Message 2 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146077 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28110 Solutions
Is this on every wifi connection or just one?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
its on evey wifi connection,but sometimes it will connect and not be a problem,but more or less it wont connect via wifi.
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
also MI5 can you tell me where I'm meant to be looking for this setting?? please
Message 5 of 21

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
So if it's connecting intermittently then maybe it's a problem with the app.

Do Facebook have some sort of "contact us" online form? It might be worth checking with them to see if there's a known fault?
Message 6 of 21

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12235 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1136 Solutions
Is it every app that won't use the wi-fi, or just facebook?
If every app that suggests either a problem with the wi-fi itself (as if there is no internet connection the phone will refuse to use it) or a problem with the phone's wi-fi.
Have you tried connecting anything else to it? Does that work or not?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 21

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23403 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3728 Solutions

Have you tried to 'Forget' all the WiFi connections you use and reset them?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 21

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

"also MI5 can you tell me where I'm meant to be looking for this setting??"

I thought it might be a check box in your data management settings. The same place you can stop apps updating over mobile data. But as you've said it's intermittently working then it sounds more like some sort of glitch. 

Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes I have already done this several times,but its updated the app several times already,which makes me think its the phone,this was never a problem till marsh mallow updated the the operating system,this is when all my issues have started.
Message 10 of 21