cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sms message wont send to australia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, basically I cant send sms messages to my friend in aus. When I send it instantly says the message 'could not send'  same also when I reply to a message.

I have only been with o2 for a few weeks and an using an xperia Z1 compact.

any help would be apprecited, syspect I am doing somthing stupid!!

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for the third post - to the poster who suggested replying to a text to ensure the correct number format, this is not a guarantee. I have destinations in Brasil that only accepted messages send as 00 55 xx xxxxxxxx but arrived as +55 xx xxxxxxxx
Message 21 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Blimey. Wish i hadn't suggested it now lol 😄😄
Message 22 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 126087 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Well Nick  @Anonymous  did say in his introductory post today that he had extensive knowledge of using mobiles abroad...particularly in Brazil....(if I remember correctly) LOL ....so I  am pleased about that...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry if I caused any offense 🙂
Message 24 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
You haven't @Telephone_user. It was light hearted banter.

As for you @Cleoriff. ....... 😆😆😆😆😆
Message 25 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 126087 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry if I caused any offense 🙂

Of course you didn't. It is really great to have all input. Many of us have travelled abroad and we all give advice when we can...so please carry on. For me its always something I learn from anyway wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 126087 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Just to add....I had NO idea about foreign networks rejecting a call and you may still be charged for it...so that will prove I have learnt from your posts. Thanks...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Back when I was with EE, I made a couple of 3G video calls to Brasil and was charged even though there was no audio or video. Found out later on that no Brasilian networks actually support 3G video calling. Great.
Message 28 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, all this is bringing back memories of speaking portuguese to my girlfriend in a mountain of hissing and buzzing with the line dropping all the time. Ironic thing is that my grandad worked laying cables under the atlantic. Shame he didn't do a better job 🙂 🙂 🙂
Message 29 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94090 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

There are others who have had problems texting Australia and it seems to be an O2 and certain Australian networks agreement problem. I thought this had been resolved by now.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Unable-to-text-Australia/m-p/361384/highlight/tr...

Message 30 of 37