cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sms message wont send to australia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, basically I cant send sms messages to my friend in aus. When I send it instantly says the message 'could not send'  same also when I reply to a message.

I have only been with o2 for a few weeks and an using an xperia Z1 compact.

any help would be apprecited, syspect I am doing somthing stupid!!

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Might sound a silly idea but. .....

What if your friend texted you and you clicked on reply, would that work? (It would eliminate unsung the wrong number format).
Message 11 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 124425 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Might sound a silly idea but. .....

What if your friend texted you and you clicked on reply, would that work? (It would eliminate unsung the wrong number format).

All supposing the Op can get hold of the friend in Oz Nick...as they can't use their phone obviously LOL

Sorry... I know there is email etc....but couldn't resist going 'slightly' off topic.....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very true @Cleoriff
Was just trying to give another route to try out
Message 13 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147387 Posts
  • 637 Topics
  • 28316 Solutions
Quote from OP in first post:
"same also when I reply to a message."
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

yes I have tried to reply to a message, same response from mobile.
The failure message comes quickly so it makes me think it is a setting either on the phone or with o2.

Message 15 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 124425 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Quote from OP in first post:
"same also when I reply to a message."

Note to all....READ the post properly...(oh yeah and that means me) Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 37

MI5
  • 147387 Posts
  • 637 Topics
  • 28316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi,

yes I have tried to reply to a message, same response from mobile.
The failure message comes quickly so it makes me think it is a setting either on the phone or with o2.

Have you checked with CS if International use is enabled?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 17 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah does help to read the lot but on the mobile site. ....... trying to help lol
Message 18 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you checked that your friend can receive any text messages, (from local numbers), on his line?

I have experienced problems with various operators in various countries sending and receiving sms.

I can confirm that sometimes using + or 00 can make a difference to success or failiure.

Some funky handsets add odd characters too, which might not be accepted by the foreign network. I had a 3G desk phone that did this, and it was a nightmare to deduce what was happening.
Message 19 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I might also add that if it was the foreign network rejecting it, there is a good chance you would never know, (and possibly be billed for it as normal).

Worth calling CS and asking, because the network does have all sorts of diagnostic information about text message delivery that they can look at to diagnose the problem.
Message 20 of 37