Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending photos via sms

SjM259
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi! I have just upgraded to a Galaxy A35. Whenever I try to send a photo via sms, the text doesn't send and i get a message that says service not activated. 

I can text normal messages fine and obviously make calls etc. Can anyone advise what I should do to resolve this? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23403 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3728 Solutions

@SjM259 Your mobile data needs to be enabled to send pictures. They are then sent as MMS which is chargeable and expensive. If you want to avoid charges for sending pictures download WhatsApp. You can send to other WhatsApp users over a WiFi connection for free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37112 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1687 Solutions

I think an MMS costs 65p per message sent, so sending a photo or a few emojis to a distribution list can get pricey very quickly, @SjM259.

There is a paid-for bolt-on that reduces the price for a set number of MMS messages, but your best bet is to follow @Bambino's advice above.

More info can be found by searching for MMS in the bar above, eg:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Volt/Why-am-I-paying-for-pictures/m-p/1548287/highlight/true#M120

Seems like your new Galaxy has come with that feature disabled, at long last - so many people fall into the expensive trap when the phone comes with the feature enabled.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146077 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28110 Solutions

Most likely the OP has selected a zero spend cap.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37112 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1687 Solutions

Thank MMS for zero Spend Caps then 👍🏼 I did wonder 🤔

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7194 Posts
  • 137 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Similarly @SjM259, you can send images as e-mail attachments over Wi-Fi without charge. 👍

Message 6 of 6