cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartphone for an old skool guy

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey - wanted some advice, want to bring my hubby away from his plain old nokia 2730 to the 21st century.  Hes always had a Nokia so thinking of sticking with them to ease him in gently lol.  Any advice of a good stepping stone phone which isn't touch screen as i don't think hes quite ready for that just yet slight_smile

Priorities would be:

decent camera

wifi connectivity

access to standard apps - whats app etc

active dual sim would be a bonus but can't have everything.

Am i asking for too much.... or does this phone exist?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thanks slight_smile

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah thats what i was kinda thinking alright.  Thanks

Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i love touchscreen - wouldn't go back to buttons. Thanks for suggestion wink

Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

great - will check it out - thanks!!!

Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for help, he is currently pay and go but that is optional with the right phone - yeah i had a blackberry before my iphone and wouldn't advise anyone to go there lol nightmare.

Yeah...no-ones ever had a problem with an iPhone, Samsung, Nokia or HTC phone...

Have you had a look at the new BlackBerry 10 phones? Its a whole new operating system on these phones and the Z10 has THE best keyboard on the touchscreen. Everyone I have shown the phone to has been impressed with it, not least because its so fast to do anything on. There are a whole lot of other features that you should really look into before dismissing an entire brand of phone because of problems you may have had with what I'm guessing was a cheap BlackBerry Curve over 18 months ago.... 

Message 14 of 15

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

The Blackberry 10 phones are streets ahead of the previous generation, and as even my Boss likes the Z10 after years of Nokia's I'm sure anyone can slight_smile

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 15 of 15