cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia S - not keeping WiFi connections

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,  Anyone know why my Xperia S isn't keeping the WiFi connections?  I'm on the latest Android version 4.1.2 build 6.2.B.1.96.  So everytime I am having to re-enter the passwords for my home and works' WiFi.  To say this is annoying is an understatement, along with the fact that this is the last version of Android that will be available to me.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've found out what was causing the issue with this wifi issue.  Basically, if I use Smart Connect so that when I'm in my car the Sony Walkman app starts and will automatically start playing my music when I select media from the car system.  I've turned this off on my phone and hay presto the phone has remembered my wifi connections.

What I'm not sure about yet is whether it is an issue with the car, Smart Connect or the Walkman app.  I'll be working my way through to see which it is.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I've never found a solution for this problem unfortunately, I think it's a software bug, although it could be connected with low device storage space.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your phone set to connect to Wifi automatically or manually?

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't know there was an option.  I always believed that it remembered the password for next time you connected to Wifi location.

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did have an issue when updating Chrome so cleared a load of stuff of to Internal Storage and now have 385Mb of device memory available.
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you go into settings and see if the local wifi networks switch is turned off?

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I always leave this switched on so it should automatically connect to routers which I've previously connected to.  I suppose I'm heading to a factory reset which I'm trying to avoid!

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep on looking online for you, but can't find nothing 😞

Before you do the reset, maybe contact Sony and see what they say?

And if you decided to factory reset the phone, make sure you back up all the files/data from your phone before you do. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll give Sony a try now, thanks for your help.  don't worry I always do backups before doing things like factory resets.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome.

Hope either Sony or the reset will sort your issue out. Let us know the outcome.

Message 10 of 13