cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 3 - Scuffed bezel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I upgraded to a Note 3 last week and after getting home I noticed that there was a slight scuff mark on the right hand side of the device, right on top of the bezel, no amount of polishing with a lense cloth is getting rid of it. It's not the protective sticker either.

I've done a bit of Googling and I'm not the only one with this issue but it's not widespread either, I'm in two minds about trying to do something about it as I don't want the replacement to be worse but at the same time it's a brand new phone.

If I asked O2 to replace it would they laugh in my face or replace it?

I have insurance with them if it makes a difference.

Thanks

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been sorted but unfortunately not the way I wanted.

I asked to cancel the contract, however because I did a fast track upgrade I waived my rights to cancel it(!) In the end I was transferred from my contract to a simplicity plan which I intend to cancel ASAP.

Fair play to the store, they busted a nut to help me out but the system was saying no.

Sorry O2 but you've lost a loyal customer.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
They should replace it if they won't you have the right to cancel the contract and take it out again
Message 2 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You should have returned it immediately for the best chance.... As it's a week later now it is going to be difficult to prove it was dropped or damaged some other way, but you can only ask and see what they say.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't notice it until I got home and had a proper look, I've spent the last few days debating what to do. I feel silly because it's not a massive scuff but it's a brand new device that is meant to last me two years.
Message 4 of 21

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just give it a try and see what they say....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Deaf_Spacker wrote:
I didn't notice it until I got home and had a proper look, I've spent the last few days debating what to do. I feel silly because it's not a massive scuff but it's a brand new device that is meant to last me two years.

you have 14 days from the date of purchase to exchange a faulty phone so you need to decide quick

Message 6 of 21

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately damage isn't necessarily a fault - You'd have to prove it was there from new....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or you could just cancel and take it out again
Message 8 of 21

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Even that might be difficult as you'd be returning a damaged item and it could be rejected.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
True yes guess it depends how noticeable it is and weather you mention it which I wouldn't if you don't have to
Message 10 of 21