cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartphone for an old skool guy

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey - wanted some advice, want to bring my hubby away from his plain old nokia 2730 to the 21st century.  Hes always had a Nokia so thinking of sticking with them to ease him in gently lol.  Any advice of a good stepping stone phone which isn't touch screen as i don't think hes quite ready for that just yet slight_smile

Priorities would be:

decent camera

wifi connectivity

access to standard apps - whats app etc

active dual sim would be a bonus but can't have everything.

Am i asking for too much.... or does this phone exist?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thanks slight_smile

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/phones/phone/515/

not a touchscreen and looks very sleek but unfortunately not supporting Whatsapp

Blackberry phones with keaboards will support all the modern apps, so maybe it's time to say goodbye to Nokia or get him a touch phone, and believe me, they are easy to use slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

so basically you are looking for an improved Nokia phone that isn't touch screen?

also, on contract or Pay as you go?

I'll have a look and see what I can find, unless he'll be happy with a good old Blackberry lol

Message 2 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

There are very few phones that aren't touch screen these days. If he wants a phone with apps, he'll have to get used to it. Apps pretty much work on touch screens and nothing else. Time he joined the 21st Century, I think.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

not a touchscreen and looks very sleek but unfortunately not supporting Whatsapp

Blackberry phones with keaboards will support all the modern apps, so maybe it's time to say goodbye to Nokia or get him a touch phone, and believe me, they are easy to use slight_smile

Message 4 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd agree.... an excellent choice slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

I'd agree.... an excellent choice slight_smile

Thanks MI5 slight_smile 

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:
Stop being a dinosaur... more dog!

Jonsie is right wink

Message 8 of 15

RCL
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Hi my husband is a dinosaur with technology I have just done his upgrade a couple of weeks ago for a sony xperia SP and he is doing really well with it, it is quite easy to use and he is happy
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for help, he is currently pay and go but that is optional with the right phone - yeah i had a blackberry before my iphone and wouldn't advise anyone to go there lol nightmare.

Message 10 of 15