cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no data connection

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a dual sim WileyFox phone normally on giffgaff but I bought an O2 sim so I can use O2 travel on holiday. I loaded £10 onto the O2 and tested it, calls and texts working fine but the data connection doesn't work. Please help.
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the end I took an old O2 locked phone on holiday and O2 Travel worked fine.  I did try and phone customer support before leaving on holiday to see if they could set up my Wileyfox but after a lengthy process of being transfered between departments I got cut off and didn't have time to join the queue again.  Thanks for all your help. 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have used My O2 to check coverage. It reports Data coverage in my area.
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You'll need the o2 APN
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Servi...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Also check which sim the phone is set to use as the data provider.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for answering, re:MI5 I've looked into the APN settings and they match with your link. re: gmarkj yes I have O2 set as the data provider. . . When I texted active to 2020 I got the following message; Unfortunately we had problems dealing with your request for settings. Please contact Customer Service. . . I give them a ring.
Message 5 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Another thought - does the data sim have to be used on a certain position or does it not matter?
Done a quick google and there is an issue with SOME networks (ie, Three) due to switching network types on inactive sim.
However as you are trying on an o2 sim this shouldn't apply - might be worth checking just in case though...
See link below:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wileyfox-swift/help/dual-sim-issue-t3306761

Edit: Just re-read your post and caught the last part. It does sound as if there is an account based issue, so would be worth giving them a shout.

If you do or don't get a fix, let us know in case there is something else we can suggest or learn for next time!

slight_smile

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There is also a dual sim setting within the network section.
Ensure you have enabled data on the o2 sim in there too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous how are you getting on? Did you manage to sort out the data connection in the end? slight_smile

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the end I took an old O2 locked phone on holiday and O2 Travel worked fine.  I did try and phone customer support before leaving on holiday to see if they could set up my Wileyfox but after a lengthy process of being transfered between departments I got cut off and didn't have time to join the queue again.  Thanks for all your help. 

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I still believe this is a setting on your phone.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10