Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nano sim and keeping same number

joules
Level 4: Observant
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi got new phone and found it needs a nano sim and my current sim is a micro one, I contacted 4445 and they are going to send out a new nano sim, they said when I get it I can either  phone them to keep my same number or do it on line?

If I do it on line how would I do this please?  Also I presume once my existing number is on my new nano sim my pay as you go balance, etc will be transferred over?   Also what about any text messages and contacts on my current sim card will they too go onto the new sim card?  Many thanks Jules

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Now this is going to sound silly but I only use the phone for texting and phone calls, use my laptop or desktop for internet etc and do not have a google account boring or what!

Message 11 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@joules 

OK fair enough, but it's a good idea to create one to have as a back up source for your data.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 35

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ok thankyou for that.

One more thing strange but sent a text this morning from my current samsung J3 phone and though I think it went the message does not show as it usually does, this seems to be since I took out the battery and the sim card to put in the new nokia phone (then found it needed a nano sim and contacted 02 customer service for one), when I put the sim card and battery back in the samsung this appears to have happened any reason why would you know please?  many thanks

Message 13 of 35

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@joules 

No reason why removing the sim woud make that happen assuming it's back in the phone correctly?

Have you tried turning phone off and back on again?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 35

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes have done that a few times, it is strange thought it might be due to date time and set?  but I guess it wont matter once my nano sim arrives and I can use the new phone?

Message 15 of 35

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tried again and its working okay, thanks for all your help though.

Message 16 of 35

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 17 of 35

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi sorry one  more question:-

When I do receive the nano sim hopefully tomorrow and I change the number onto the new sim card (now I know all my contacts are on the current sim card),  where on O2 do I need to do this please, rather than having to phone again for them to do it, as they said I could do it either way?

Many thanks

Message 18 of 35

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@joules 

How to swap sims here Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Currently using:
Message 19 of 35

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi got  my sim, have logged in on my 02 account and clicked on swap sim, they have sent a code to my current phone and received message back on my phone to say they have received my sim swap request and will complete it as soon as possible, any idea how I will know when it has been swapped?

Many thanks

Message 20 of 35