Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nano sim and keeping same number

joules
Level 4: Observant
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi got new phone and found it needs a nano sim and my current sim is a micro one, I contacted 4445 and they are going to send out a new nano sim, they said when I get it I can either  phone them to keep my same number or do it on line?

If I do it on line how would I do this please?  Also I presume once my existing number is on my new nano sim my pay as you go balance, etc will be transferred over?   Also what about any text messages and contacts on my current sim card will they too go onto the new sim card?  Many thanks Jules

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

much appreciated

Message 31 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Looks like only a workaround until Nokia provide a setting to do so @joules 

https://techtabby.com/a-way-to-stop-the-highly-annoying-nokia-boot-sound-jingle-on-android/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 35

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks again you have been brilliant.

Message 33 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

A pleasure chatting with you @joules thumbsup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 35

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I am back again.  Could I ask I want to go back to using my old phone and need a micro sim card, the one I currently was sent is a nano one, I want to keep the same number and know that I can move this over once the sim card is received.

WIll I be able to request one and do I have to phone to do this or can I send an email or chat?

many thanks

Message 35 of 35