cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mk1 note update.

Anonymous
Not applicable
my note did the update, but I have a small problem thats starting to &$@ me off. if I open a internet window and then want to close it, no matter what way I use, it still comes back with a empty page, named "about blank" grrrrrr. and samsung seem to have added loads of apps that I don't need or want any way to remove them? also can you roll back this update. they seem to have made it way to gimmicky. and yes it has made me very grumpy........
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
It's not a firmware fault. It's a specific issue/conflict on your handset (it happens, which is why I recommend the reset after an upgrade), but if you can live with it, just let it be.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

Check in the browser settings menu that you have a homepage set. Then close all your tabs from within the browser, by pressing the number top right. then press menu >new window and your homepage will open. You can flash back to ICS if you wish but you need to d it with Odin, process described here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/galaxy-note-1-upgraded-to-4-1-2-now-ca... If you just want to remove apps that you don't want try going settings >manage applications >all and click on the app you don't want. You may have the choice (depending on the app) to disable or remove it, otherwise you need to root the phone and remove them with an app called "root uninstaller".

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
right set home page to google.co.uk and it still does it, close the page by "menu" close all pages and up pops a blank page "about:blank" close that by going either back button as close button only loads the page again.....
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Maybe I didn't explain very well...... Menu >new window will open your Google homepage, then press the small number, probably "2" (in a square at the top right), touch the red minus sign on the "about blank" tab to close it then use back key to close browser. When you reopen it will load up Google.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
lol nope it loads the about blank page, when you re open internet page..... why they messed with that setting I never know, I used to open the little box hit the red close button and job done
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

Yes, that still works for me wink

Have you tried rebooting since changing the homescreen ?

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
m15 oh crap forgot to do that hahahaha
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
nope still does it 😞
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Maybe you need to do a factory reset. (always advisable after a firmware upgrade). I can't think of any other reason why it would be doing this repeatedly......

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
next bloody update that comes out? I am so not doing it...... why can't they leave things that work alone lol
Message 10 of 11