cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone memory

Anonymous
Not applicable

my phone is using its system memory and not the internal or sd card memory, i canr download apps or games without it saying memory full ive got nearly 3gb of free memory. my phone is an LG optimum L3.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

You can move app data files for gameloft games to the external sd card to make a backup but I don't know any phones that allow actual apps to run from ext_sd. There is much confusion with android when people say "sd card" because they think it's their removable card when really it refers to the phones internal partition called "sd card". JB fixes the confusion by having an open partition for storing ROM, apps & data and is the reason why MTP file transfer was introduced.

Older android OS's with a small RAM partition will always suffer from the problem as it it usually no more than 2gb that is partitioned for apps & the Os so it soon fills up. If you root the device you have more options available for clearing storage and storing apps etc but most people don't have the desire to go down that route.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
It's your cache that is full. Go into applications manager and open each app and individually clear the cache for each.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23145 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

Once you clear your cache and get some space back you can download an app called App2SD from the Play Store which will move any apps that are movable onto your SD card.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
but only to the internal SD card not the external one. You cant run apps from removable sd cards.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Am I right in thinking it does move to external SD but you cannot run apps that have a widget active from the SD card?

Reason I ask is XDA devs say you can.
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

You can move app data files for gameloft games to the external sd card to make a backup but I don't know any phones that allow actual apps to run from ext_sd. There is much confusion with android when people say "sd card" because they think it's their removable card when really it refers to the phones internal partition called "sd card". JB fixes the confusion by having an open partition for storing ROM, apps & data and is the reason why MTP file transfer was introduced.

Older android OS's with a small RAM partition will always suffer from the problem as it it usually no more than 2gb that is partitioned for apps & the Os so it soon fills up. If you root the device you have more options available for clearing storage and storing apps etc but most people don't have the desire to go down that route.....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
That may explain where I'm wrong in thinking!!
Message 7 of 7