cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting reception from abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I'm already in Spain so cannot text to get the international service. How do I get reception from here please? I have wifi OK
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Not entirely sure what you mean. I am in Spain and when I landed, my phone connected immediately to the local network with no problems. I am on the Movistar network which is the best to use in Spain...

If you need to contact CS from abroad this is the number

From abroad+44 3448090202Free†

Or do you mean the O2 Travel Bolt on? Information here in this link...

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-in-europe

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Not entirely sure what you mean. I am in Spain and when I landed, my phone connected immediately to the local network with no problems. I am on the Movistar network which is the best to use in Spain...

If you need to contact CS from abroad this is the number

From abroad+44 3448090202Free†

Or do you mean the O2 Travel Bolt on? Information here in this link...

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-in-europe

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 93267 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
Go into network settings and manually search for a network. Try different ones that are subsequently displayed on your phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your in Spain your manual selections should be Movistar, Vodafone & orange, try one of those & whicheverz strongest in your area, it will connect to that
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
If your in Spain your manual selections should be Movistar, Vodafone & orange, try one of those & whicheverz strongest in your area, it will connect to that

Although I do have to say if you are on O2, then the Vodaphone and Orange networks are rubbish (In my experience of trying them all at some point whilst in Spain) They do not stay connected.The best of them all is Movistar....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree, whenever I visited the Spanish continent I'd only get Movistar & orange, it'd get orange but then a couple minutes later, Movistar would connect & get a brilliant signal
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous I hope you are enjoying Spain. How are you getting on with this issue? Have you tried any of the advice above?
Message 8 of 8