cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data usage

Anonymous
Not applicable
Iv got a moto g and I get 1gb of data included in my contract...I only use the internet to go on Facebook and browse sites such as eBay etc however in like 3 days I used the 1gb so iv had to buy bolt ons at 6pound a time iv bought 3 upto now this month and my next lot of allowances don't come until 14th Feb....how is it possible to be using all this data?? When I looked at My usage on my phone its saying 87% is been used my Google chrome so I uninstalled it but then it was saying error when I tried to go online??? Help?? Tia
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi thanks for the replays sorry I am new to all this and I didn't know how to get back on to it...my data thing on my phone says I only used 556mb but in fact it's nearly 4gb??? Really don't understand this? I only took contract out last month its all new to me...I use Facebook check gmail every other day jst have quick look at my emails on there browse eBay look on my local newspapers website that's about the top and bottom of it really
Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and No worries.

Well if thats all your doing then something is amiss.

Ring O2 and discuss your usage and concerns is the best option.

Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its new to me so yes iv been setting the phone up I have downloaded a music app and downloaded about 10 songs? And yes iv watched a couple of videos on Facebook? I didn't realise all these things have added up it seems so much to use I think I may need to upgrade?
Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know alot about all this however 4gb I think seems excessive I'm going to go into a store and see if they can see anything on my phone what may be using it? I will let you all know what they say will be Friday Now though guys thanks again slight_smile
Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks bandofbrothers
Message 15 of 19

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24000 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

Do you have your data connected all the time 24/7? If so, switch it off when you're not using it, as your apps will be updating in the background. Use WiFi as much as you can when you want to update your apps or check Facebook or stream music.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 1gb of data allowance.

I'm on my o2 Internet all day.

I view youtube blogs.

I view facebook throughout the day.

I download apps and tweaks while out and about.

I receive around 50+ e mails per day.

I rarely go over 1gb of data per month on my iPhone 5s.

You should be nowhere 4gb in reference to the usage you state !

I do have specs such as app refersh turned off.

I dont send diagnostics etc

http://www.confused.com/mobile-phones/articles/what-does-a-gb-get-you-mobile-internet-data

Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could some rogue app be hammering the data allowance, kind of like dialing a premium rate phone number? Something is definatley amiss!

Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would have rung cs by now to find out what's going on
Message 19 of 19