cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data usage

Anonymous
Not applicable
Iv got a moto g and I get 1gb of data included in my contract...I only use the internet to go on Facebook and browse sites such as eBay etc however in like 3 days I used the 1gb so iv had to buy bolt ons at 6pound a time iv bought 3 upto now this month and my next lot of allowances don't come until 14th Feb....how is it possible to be using all this data?? When I looked at My usage on my phone its saying 87% is been used my Google chrome so I uninstalled it but then it was saying error when I tried to go online??? Help?? Tia
Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and No worries.

Well if thats all your doing then something is amiss.

Ring O2 and discuss your usage and concerns is the best option.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149484 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
Reset your data counter on phone and check your actual usage against what O2 say you are using.
It should also tell you exactly how many mb's are been used by individual applications so you can see where it's going. We can advise more once we know.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

there are lots of things usung data in the background such as apps and things like weather.

It does however seem this is really heavy.

Possibly speak to O2 on 202 to question the usage you state.

Their are apps you can download which will monitor what your usage is.

Users such as @MI5 will be able to advise on whats the best ones.

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
To use that amount of data your phone MUST have been doing more than Web browsing in 3 days.

How long have you had the phone?

Have you been watching videos on Facebook? If so that will destroy your data allowance.

Do you have access to wifi as it would be advisable to use wifi whenever you can not gsm.
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you been on YouTube over the data connection
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you been downloading apps and getting your phone set up?

Maybe listening to some Spotify or something?
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
There's got to be more to this then just browsing
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now we will have to accept what the @Anonymous  says what they perform on their phone, ie".I only use the internet to go on Facebook and browse sites such as eBay "and await any update hopefully from them.

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes hopefully we will get an update
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi BoB

I agree but it is almost impossible to use 1gb in data browsing plain websites. The OP must have been watching videos or similar.

Hopefully the OP will come back to us tomorrow to advise. ....
Message 10 of 19