cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z5 intermittently reboots

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wondering if anyone can help. I had a Z3 which sometimes rebooted when making or receiving calls (not every time). I upgraded early for a Z5 and now that's doing exactly the same thing. This may only happen once or twice a day but is really annoying. 

I don't have many apps installed but I have a feeling it may be one of them causing it. 

The only thing I restored to my Z5 from my Z3 backup was my contacts incase it was something that was installed on my Z3 that was causing it.

It is only 3 weeks old and I've already factory re-set it 3 times.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I only installed 1 app... the only game I play... Candy Crush Soda Saga... and it rebooted the next day! I uninstalled it and did a factory re-set. So far it's been ok for 24 hours but I'm not counting my chickens yet!

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123084 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

At only 3 weeks old I would be thinking of getting it exchanged....Not good that its not working properly at this stage...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I'm thinking but it seems strange that it's the same fault as my previous phone!

Message 3 of 19

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Rather than spend any more time trying to figure out the problem get it exchanged now. New regulations give you 30 days. Once you get the new phone if you still have same problem you can start looking at apps being the issue. As you say, strange or possibly mere coincidence to have the same thing on two different phones but my advice is change it now within the 30 days.

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will, thanks slight_smile

Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Just run it with no additional apps installed and see if it still does it.
I can only assume too that it is an app you had installed on both the z3 and z5 that's causing the issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, just swapped it for a new one. Will leave as it is to see what happens. slight_smile

Message 7 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123084 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Wow that was quick @Anonymous wink Did you swap it instore?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep... They weren't going to swap it under the 30 day faulty phone promise because they didn't think it was faulty. However I pointed out it was only 14 days old which is still under the I can swap it with no questions asked promise slight_smile

Message 9 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123084 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Good job and well done.....(I bet you tied them up in knots) LOL

Please come back and let us know how you get on with this one?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 19