cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi or no Wifi?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All, I'm new here and not technical at all.

I bought a £10 bundle and I have noticed that when I turn Wifi on it takes a pound off my remaining credit.  When the Wifi is off it seems to understand it is part of the bundle?  I thought using my Wifi I wouldn't be charged for using the internet let alone ordinary text messages?  (I've also noticed that if I put a smiley on my texts it is considered an MSM and not just an ordinary text and I am charged for this):robotfrustrated:

In a nutshell I don't understand when to use Wifi and when not toCrazy

Thanks in advance for any help

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If your sure you have not sent to text to the premium number then you can complain here http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk to try and get the money back or contact the company involved.

Also O2 can apply a stop on your account so these companies cannot charge your account. Called "Charge to Mobile (Direct to Bill) "

You can if you wish have that balance notification turned off by calling O2 on 4445.

Edit : From reading in the forum the message 'unstable wifi' is a bug and is ok to ignore it.

Similar thread : http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Unstable-wifi/m-p/679667#M33687
Message 21 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much BandBouncy

Message 22 of 26

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Lizard wrote:

When I turned wireless on it said my internet was unstable, but I don't want to be cheeky and ask too many questions on here!  So, you have all really helped me and thank you for being very clear with all your adviceSmiley LOL

Ask as many questions as you like Lizard. I'm sure these guys don't mind wink

Welcome to the community!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 23 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Absolutely not. slight_smile

And your welcome Lizard.
Message 24 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Feel free to ask any questions you like @Anonymous that's after all the purpose of the community:smileyhappy:

Message 25 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Internet unstable was a common warning in Android 4.3 and is nothing to worry about.

It is corrected in 4.4
Message 26 of 26