Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi calling on OnePlus 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
So get this message from O2

It's time to say goodbye to TU Go.

We're closing it on 30 November. But you can keep using it right up until then.

To learn more and see what options are available to you including Wifi Calling, visit: http://s.o2.co.uk/dYyk1cTF

Which I need for the poor reception at home. However when you have only set up wi-fi calling for Sony, Samsung and iPhones and not any of the other phones you currently sell it is seriously short sited.

So when will Wi-fi calling be available for the OnePlus 5?
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 say they are working on adding new phones to the compatibility list. No timescale given and no mention of which phones. 

Message 2 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A number of other owners of the One Plus 5 have asked the same question over the last couple of days

Short sighted isn't the word I would use...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 29

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Short sighted isn't the word I would use...:smileysad:

"Presbyopia is a sign of ageing that's impossible to ignore and difficult to hide"

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 29

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 please tell me you have support lined up before you pull the TUGO service?

This service is the only thing that allows me to be contactable during work hours.

When striving for constant improvement, you should not be taking steps backwards!

Message 6 of 29

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

In fairness to o2, tu is seen as a separate product as far as your contract goes, so it’s not their problem, for corporate users have a look and see if your company provides Skype for Business which allows text, voice and video call across WiFi 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 29

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
In fairness to customers, Tugo is upsold as part of contracts.
Customers have a right to be annoyed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
In fairness to customers, Tugo is upsold as part of contracts.
Customers have a right to be annoyed.

Totally agree. It may be 'something they can withdraw at any time' but the fact remains it has been used over and over again as a selling point and a reason to take out a contract with O2.

Reading all the posts about Tugo, it's quite obvious this app has been a lifesaver for those with no signal, the housebound and disabled, businesses, those travelling abroad etc etc etc. Not forgetting those who have just tied themselves into a 2 year contract with absolutely no idea they would be losing Tu.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the point here is that O2 are stepping away from TUGO because the network can offer calls/texts over WiFi without the app, thus making it redundant.

However this feature is not currently available to all the phones they currently sell, which begs the question, why pull it before you can support all your customers with the same level of service.

I really am not happy.

Message 10 of 29