Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9LITE

whyohwhy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Still no update to Nougat but worst still security patch on op system is dated June 2016

Am I doing something wrong or is that really the last security patch for Marshmallow?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

@whyohwhy The update would come from Huawei, not O2. I put a search into Google. You can scroll through. Doesn't look very promising:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Huawei+P9LITE+Nougat+update&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Maybe @Chris_K can advise as your previous thread is marked solved by him here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/Huawei-P9LITE-Nougat/m-p/1068063#M51151
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Maybe @Chris_K can advise as your previous thread is marked solved by him here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/Huawei-P9LITE-Nougat/m-p/1068063#M51151

To my knowledge, the P9 Lite had already been updated to Nougat - O2 software build version is: VNS-L31C169B390.

@whyohwhy can you confirm:
- Is your P9 Lite directly from O2 (shop/phone/online order) or from a 3rd party like CPW?
- What software build/version are you on currently?

Edit: Sorry guys, I didn't realise I was tagged in this nearly a fortnight ago, my apologies 😞

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 11

whyohwhy
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No still no update and on security patch June 2016 which isn't impressive or encouraging me to stay with O2 or Huawei which is a shame because unlike both apart from this My build is VNSL31-C432B131
Message 5 of 11

whyohwhy
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh forgot to add Phone from O2 direct and upgraded to marshmallow seamlessly
Message 6 of 11

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@whyohwhy wrote:
No still no update and on security patch June 2016 which isn't impressive or encouraging me to stay with O2 or Huawei which is a shame because unlike both apart from this My build is VNSL31-C432B131

So, that build number is 'Open Market', and as far as I'm aware there should be at least 1 newer upgrade that should be available than this. Could you PM me your IMEI number please, to see if our device team are able to see anything on our end?

(insert a few random spaces or * symbols between numbers to prevent it being filtered out if you can)

Message 7 of 11

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey @whyohwhy - wanted to come back to you with an update. There's a couple of bits to note:

1. Though you say you got your P9 from O2, it does appear to be running Open Market software. The reason for this is that the initial shipment we received from Huawei didn't have O2 software on them, as they were unable to get the O2 variant ready until after launch. So for those devices, the updates come directly from the vendor - our only involvement is testing and providing some customisation scripts if necessary.
  2. The software version you're running isn't the latest - there should be a newer update available with build number VNS-L31C432B151. It's not the Nougat update, however, just a newer version of the one you already have.
  3. We have very recently in the past few days received an open market version of the Nougat update to test over the next week or so. It's difficult to give any sort of ETA - with it being the Christmas and New Year period, it's likely we won't have any new info until early in the new year... But i'll keep you posted on any updates I hear about. Fingers crossed though, you'll see it early-mid January slight_smile

Message 8 of 11

whyohwhy
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Chris I have auto updates on and have checked manually but it always says no update Am I doing something wrong or is there anything I can do to ensure updates are found Thanks Tim
Message 9 of 11

whyohwhy
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Chris Any news

Thanks Tim
Message 10 of 11