on 29-11-2017 23:02
@whyohwhy The update would come from Huawei, not O2. I put a search into Google. You can scroll through. Doesn't look very promising:
on 30-11-2017 06:14
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
12-12-2017 17:00 - edited 12-12-2017 17:01
Maybe @Chris_K can advise as your previous thread is marked solved by him here
To my knowledge, the P9 Lite had already been updated to Nougat - O2 software build version is: VNS-L31C169B390.
@whyohwhy can you confirm:
- Is your P9 Lite directly from O2 (shop/phone/online order) or from a 3rd party like CPW?
- What software build/version are you on currently?
Edit: Sorry guys, I didn't realise I was tagged in this nearly a fortnight ago, my apologies :-(
on 13-12-2017 08:52
No still no update and on security patch June 2016 which isn't impressive or encouraging me to stay with O2 or Huawei which is a shame because unlike both apart from this My build is VNSL31-C432B131
So, that build number is 'Open Market', and as far as I'm aware there should be at least 1 newer upgrade that should be available than this. Could you PM me your IMEI number please, to see if our device team are able to see anything on our end?
(insert a few random spaces or * symbols between numbers to prevent it being filtered out if you can)
on 20-12-2017 12:36
Hey @whyohwhy - wanted to come back to you with an update. There's a couple of bits to note:
- Though you say you got your P9 from O2, it does appear to be running Open Market software. The reason for this is that the initial shipment we received from Huawei didn't have O2 software on them, as they were unable to get the O2 variant ready until after launch. So for those devices, the updates come directly from the vendor - our only involvement is testing and providing some customisation scripts if necessary.
- The software version you're running isn't the latest - there should be a newer update available with build number VNS-L31C432B151. It's not the Nougat update, however, just a newer version of the one you already have.
- We have very recently in the past few days received an open market version of the Nougat update to test over the next week or so. It's difficult to give any sort of ETA - with it being the Christmas and New Year period, it's likely we won't have any new info until early in the new year... But i'll keep you posted on any updates I hear about. Fingers crossed though, you'll see it early-mid January