Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honor x8 5g compatibility with US carriers

Nitrams19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi my handset is the Honor x8 5g which supported wifi calling and 4g lte when i was a lebara(vodaphone) customer. Since moving and inserting O2 sim i no longer have this option. How can i get an O2 firmware that will resolve this issue. Need it for usa roaming.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23928 Posts
  • 1043 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@Nitrams19 If you Google your query there are links but if you brick your phone it's down to you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148871 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

@Nitrams19 

You don't need O2 firmware but you do need to be on a contract with O2.

4g calling isn't available on PAYG.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 9

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7800 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

O2 hasn't had specific firmware for some time.

That said not all phones will work on Volte or 4G Calling with O2. Although most of the later models do 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 148871 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

@Nitrams19 

If you are on a contract, check with O2 that you have 4g and wifi calling enabled on your account. 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 9

Nitrams19
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am on a contract. 

Message 6 of 9

Nitrams19
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It worked fine on lebara 

Message 7 of 9

Nitrams19
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Will they enable it just by messaging them. 

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 148871 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

@Nitrams19 

Use social media channels to get the best sense out of anyone.

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Message 9 of 9