Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling turn on but doesn't seem to work

Nakedtraitor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I've recently activated wifi calling using MyO2 and got a 2 years old Samsung A5.
I dial a number normally using the Samsung phone app however get an error message saying 'out of coverage' or 'contact not registered in the network'.
I checked in MyO2 that wifi calling is actuallt turned on.
What could I be doing wrong please?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Your phone isn't compatible.
Only those listed here are
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling#how-do-i-set-up-wif...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling#15421

wifi calling.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Only the newest high end flagship phones are compatible
Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Just tagging @Nakedtraitor in case they didn't see my reply.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

While we are on the subject of WiFi calling @MI5 i recently activated mine  through my iPhone & not the myo2 app. It came up straight away on my screen & shows in myo2 as active. That’s another way I’ve found of activating it but i didn’t need to restart my phone after

Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All new contracts with compatible devices have it enabled by default now so all you need to do is turn it on in the phone settings.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers for that @MI5

Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No worries mate wink

Currently using:
Message 9 of 15

Nakedtraitor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you so much for the replies. Looks like I've got a good excuse to change my handset now.
Message 10 of 15