cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail notifications

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Motorola Moto G on Pay&Go and recently received a voicemail notification - even after listening to it (there is nothing in it), the notification does not go away and there does not seem to be an option to delete it; swiping to the right does not work. Voicemail does not actually appear in any of the menus even after selecting the notification and holding. As far as I am aware I do not have an access code to dial the Moto G from a landline and access the voicemail remotely.

Picking the notification dials and uses up my balance. What can I do?

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
The very first time you call VM it asks you to set a PIN.
If you can't remember you will have to call CS to reset it to default for you so you can start over.
Meantime, try calling your mobile from a landline and leaving yourself a VM.
Then listen to it and delete it - this may clear the one that seems stuck on your phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
You press 3 to delete the message.
Help thread here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/m-p...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Normally voicemails are deleted by pressing 3 on the keyboard?...I have had Motorola and Samsung phones...and this usually does the trick...

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/m-p...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pressing 3 does nothing - is this because the Voicemail actually does not contain anything?

Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

If there is no voicemail then there will be nothing to delete but try following the above advice

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the link given it has:

To retrieve your voicemail messages from a landline
Switch off your mobile phone
Dial your mobile number from a landline
Interrupt the voicemail greeting by pressing the * (star) key
Enter the four digit pin code (default is 8705)
Follow the prompts to listen to your messages

When I press * there is no prompt for a pin code, just a message telling me to change my pin by calling from the mobile.

Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
You need to set up a PIN first from the mobile.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I set the PIN - if I dial 901 it just plays the empty message?
Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
The very first time you call VM it asks you to set a PIN.
If you can't remember you will have to call CS to reset it to default for you so you can start over.
Meantime, try calling your mobile from a landline and leaving yourself a VM.
Then listen to it and delete it - this may clear the one that seems stuck on your phone.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oops! Dialled 905 -doh! Ok, reset the PIN through 901 and it played the messages so I could delete by pressing 3 as advised.
Message 10 of 15