cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates (Google?) have swallowed this months data and a bolt on and I dont think its finished yet

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Several things coincided on the 7th 1)  away from home   2) smartphone was shut down over night  3) never knew updates happened.   Im really cheesed off as Whats app was the way my small family kept in touch.

02 chat service helped me find out how this months data went in a few hours. I ordered a bolt on . But tonight that has gone as well.  I can only message or email the family for the next 2 weeks. My smartphone is switched off. The clam shell is on.  Some of you will know how hard it was for me to start using a smartphone................Destroy

Do iphones have this trouble?     Or any advice re losing so much data from my monthly supply?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You need to open the Play store app and you'll find the update options in the app settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thank you M15 and gmarkj.  Your help has saved the situation.

In fact if 02 agents online had twigged the problem and given the help you both gave then I wouldnt have lost the 3.50 Bolt on . 

Best Wishes

Message 12 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
In defence of the agents (for a change) all they would have been aware of is that you used all your data and wanted/needed more.
Where I think they could be more help is with getting phones set up for an individual user. There is no reason to have a phone set up to update software over data unless the user wants this to happen - software updates are usually very large and will eat up your monthly allowance with no warning.
Changing this (or at least making users aware) should be part of an initial set up.
Glad to have been of help, and as MI5 says if you ever need help you just need to ask.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 13