cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking an o2 phone for use with a Vodaphone sims card

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to get an O2 purchased phone unlocked for my daughter who is in venice and has been given a vodaphone sims card by her host family.  I have been on to o2 chat twice now to get an unlock code.  The phone is a samsung GT 18190N.  Code provided was 63108026. It doesnt work. Help desk guy said Vodaphone needed to help.  They have provided a PIN for the sims card and say o2 need to unlock the phone from o2 network.  Very frustrated and stuck. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Unlocking process is here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
Your daughter can log into her MyO2 and request it from there.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try that Thanks.

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem is this was an old phone which she has replaced with an iphone so it is not listed on her o2 account.  Just the iphone details.   The phone in question would have been listed on the account previously.

Message 4 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous Good luck, let us know how you get on with the unlocking!

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Problem is this was an old phone which she has replaced with an iphone so it is not listed on her o2 account.  Just the iphone details.   The phone in question would have been listed on the account previously.

OK, I see.

Your other option is to fill out the form manually with the IMEI of the phone she wants unlocking.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will ask her to get the IMEI number and do that. Thanks

Message 7 of 9

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

hello @Anonymous

Did @MI5 advice help you out in the end? Feedback

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions