Unlocking phone

kokius
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello 

Can someone help me to unlock my old Samsung S9

I do not have current pay as you go or contract with o2 so short numbers do not work?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7768 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

But probably better to get it done at a mobile repair shop.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 8

kokius
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah but above link only offers how to unlock if you are current o2 customer and Iam not. I do not have o2 sim so is there way they can still unlock this phone? I was under impression they suppose to unlock all phones or provide means to do so by law? 

Message 3 of 8

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38197 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

The nearest mobile phone repair stall should be able to help, for a nominal sum, @kokius - if Google does not help you find a way. Good luck!

Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148716 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@kokius 

Get a free O2 payg sim and put £10 on it.

Use the phone for a few days so it registers on network then request free unlock.

All covered in the guide. Simples.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 8

kokius
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can get it unlocked via unlocking websites quick google found me 12 quid one, but I was hoping O2 will do this for free as phone is ages out of contract. But I guess no such thing as free  lol

Message 6 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12575 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

If you have a working o2 sim, or know someone that does, get them to use it for a few days and then request the unlock @kokius 

Or follow @MI5 's advice and get a pay as you go sim and do it that way.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148716 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

The guide @Enlli posted covers all options available to @kokius 

Nothing in life is free, although O2 will unlock a phone for free that is currently registered on the network. The problem here is that the phone hasn't been used recently so no longer shows on the system.

There's a small chance it maybe so calling O2 on 0800 081 0255 and asking to be transferred to tech support might work. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 8