cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU GO

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Why TU Go doesn't show the UK country code anymore? Is there any new App I need to download or it doesn't work anymore?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous TuGo was shut down permanently on November 30th. O2 had announced that it was going to happen a month and a half earlier. They are not offering an alternative. You obviously hadn't used it much or you would have known before now.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous TuGo was shut down permanently on November 30th. O2 had announced that it was going to happen a month and a half earlier. They are not offering an alternative. You obviously hadn't used it much or you would have known before now.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Official o2 announcement here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/TU-Go-is-closing-30th-November/td-p/1079038
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm guessing that because you didn't use it much you didn't get the text notification. 

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Used tugo without issue for last four years as don't get mobile reception at home. Now O2 decided to stop this service and replace with wifi calling. It doesn't always transfer automatically from mobile to wifi operation and doesn't process texts. That's what I call progress.
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Indeed, it's no progress at all for a few million customers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I work in a different country (eu) most of the weekdays and I am required to have my work's sim card on my phone. TU go was the best way to keep my UK number active and use my phone via the app. Now that's gone, what's the point of staying with O2.

I also asked about 3 times O2 to give me an alternative app. They just default to "use Wifi calling" but that wont work when you are using another SIM card.

A decision to save money from O2 without considering their customers. They didn't even give us enough warning. Just a couple of months. Feeling rather gutted that I agreed to a year-long contract a few months before they informed us.

If someone found an app that can do what TU go was doing that would be awesome. Mainly receive text/calls when I don't have my SIM card active. Otherwise After 10 years with o2 i will quit once I can do it without their ridiculous charges.

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous

answered here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/TU-Go-is-closing-30th-November/m-p/1100662#M24054

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

JMarkC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

TuGo was shut down permanently on November 30th last year (2017)
On the O2 News site on 29/03/2017 it stated O2 News
More devices will be coming very soon.
Here we are on 08/12/2018 and the LG G6 STILL can't make calls over Wifi.
Can anyone at O2 explain why they removed a perfectly good application without updating their infrastructure to handle this functionality another way?
I'm both confused and very annoyed a year into a contract.

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We have no idea and O2 refuse to tell us.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11