cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping Data etc from Z3 Compact to Z3 Full Size

Anonymous
Not applicable

I really like my Z3 Compact but was just starting to feel a bit small for my sausage fingers. I've just done a deal to buy and 2nd hand Z3 and want to be able to transfer all my emails, messges, settings , photos etc over as easily as possible. Can I save everything like that to my 32gb memory card and just download then into the new phone?

If not are there any other tips like maybe popping into an O2 shop to ask them to do it? O

Thanks for any advice.

Chris 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144915 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27777 Solutions
Just use Sony PC Companion, easy.
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144915 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27777 Solutions
Just use Sony PC Companion, easy.
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks that sounds ideal. Any idea if its compatible with a MAC? 

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144915 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27777 Solutions

I think you need MediaGO for a MAC or at least the bridge software. http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/apps-services/computer-applications/

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Isn't there a transfer my data app in the sony applications (either pre-installed or available via google play) which allows you to copy most data (music, photos, messages, etc) via NFC?
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144915 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27777 Solutions
Yeah, it should ask when you set up the new phone if you want to transfer stuff from an old old phone.
I always restore my stuff from back ups but I believe the NFC transfer works well enough.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Smokey99! Let us know what you tried and how you get on

Message 7 of 7