Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Sony Xperia z4 tablet lte - making calls

Hi all, 

I have the above tablet on O2. It's the lte version. I was under the impression I could use it to make and receive calls,  if I wanted to?! I can get and send texts fine. Have I misunderstood something?

Thanks. 

Topics: 576
Solutions: 16,538

Re: Sony Xperia z4 tablet lte - making calls

No GSM phone calls aren't possible but hangouts, facebook, bbm etc can place calls to corresponding apps.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Topics: 83

Well, not with the o2 sim card anyway...
It does have a dialler as did the Z3, unfortunately it keeps getting sold on mobile broadband contracts so you can't actually use the function..

Just confirming with a paym sim..

Screenshot_2015-12-04-19-16-42.png

Yup, unfortunately it can on a standard pay monthly sim, but as MI5 said, you will have to look at over data alternatives as the provided tariff does not allow calls.

Yes sorry, I should have been clearer.
It's the tariff that doesn't allow it as o2 insist on selling this and other tablets with the ability to call, without a tariff that actually allows calling.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Level 1: Joiner

Thanks all - that would explain it. Bit disappointing that they give you some free texts but you can't make (or even recieve!) calls. Not that I probably would very often but it could have been handy!

Yes, it's a strange decision, for sure !

Currently using:
Anonymous

Awesome help here guys Smiley Happy