Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Sony Xperia Unlock Code Timescale ?

Hi All
I recently took out a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact on the refresh plan. I have paid the full handset price and the contract has been cancelled on the 3rd of December, I still haven't received the unlock code. I know it can take up to 7 days to get the code, but the last time I got it within 2 hrs. Should I continue to wait till the10th for the code?
Thanks

Topics: 770

Re: Sony Xperia Unlock Code Timescale ?

[ Edited ]

Hi @Anonymous You should be chasing this up with customer services. It certainly should not be taking this long (although nothing would happen over the weekend)

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Also have a look at these help threads...

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-an-o2-mobile-to-use-on-a-different-network#qs

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Anonymous

I've spoken to 3 advisors on the live chat and they keep telling me to just wait. I was thinking I should have received the code before they cut off the contract.

Thanks 

No you have to request it...but avoid live chat.... ring on the numbers given in the contact us link I provided and speak to someone. Or use the form in the last link on my post....

*The Game Is On*

Anonymous

I used the unlocking form in the My o2 account, it's different to the one I used last time. I don't have a O2 sim to phone them now because its cut off. I will have to pop in the store 

thanks

Or give CS a ring in the morning. It is Sunday but the opening times are in the contact us link.....Best avoid live chat they haven't helped you at all so far. To confirm the speed of unlocking one of our members @viridis  had his phone unlocked in 6 minutes...(that's not the norm but it shouldn't be any more than 24hrs)

*The Game Is On*

Anonymous

The unlocking form you have linked is the one I used last time. I have filled it out hopefully I get the code 

Thanks Again 

Topics: 83

Z5 was next day.
It should come soon but I would chase it up with cs over the phone as technically, you're not an O2 customer and this may have some effect, but that's purely guessing.

No problems @Anonymous Fingers crossed. Come back and let us know how it goes....Smiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

Anonymous

Yeah, I thought it was normally quick. I got it in about 30 mins on my old phone.

New one, 3 days and counting ....tick tock, tick tock. lol