cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've just got a samsung tablet it's all been set up but it will not allow me to make calls wat shoul

KellyAnnMaltby
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Samsung tab S7

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@KellyAnnMaltby 

The tablet SIM is data only, so it cannot make or receive calls. If a customer tries to make a call they will just get a long error tone. The tablet SIM can receive SMS, it can also send SMS to O2 Short codes such as WiFi to 2121.

The tablet SIM cannot send any chargeable SMS. Customers will receive SMS alerts about successful top-ups and remaining allowance if their tablet supports this.

The Tablet SIM cannot Send MMS, if a MMS is sent to it, this will be received as a link to the O2 Website, the same way as a device which is not provisioned for MMS.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

What do you mean it's not allowing you to make calls @KellyAnnMaltby ?

Does it not connect to a network, or is the tablet just not able to make calls?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@KellyAnnMaltby 

The tablet SIM is data only, so it cannot make or receive calls. If a customer tries to make a call they will just get a long error tone. The tablet SIM can receive SMS, it can also send SMS to O2 Short codes such as WiFi to 2121.

The tablet SIM cannot send any chargeable SMS. Customers will receive SMS alerts about successful top-ups and remaining allowance if their tablet supports this.

The Tablet SIM cannot Send MMS, if a MMS is sent to it, this will be received as a link to the O2 Website, the same way as a device which is not provisioned for MMS.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3