Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia z4 tablet lte - making calls

apdqueen81
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, 

I have the above tablet on O2. It's the lte version. I was under the impression I could use it to make and receive calls,  if I wanted to?! I can get and send texts fine. Have I misunderstood something?

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes sorry, I should have been clearer.
It's the tariff that doesn't allow it as o2 insist on selling this and other tablets with the ability to call, without a tariff that actually allows calling.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No GSM phone calls aren't possible but hangouts, facebook, bbm etc can place calls to corresponding apps.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Well, not with the o2 sim card anyway...
It does have a dialler as did the Z3, unfortunately it keeps getting sold on mobile broadband contracts so you can't actually use the function..
Message 3 of 9

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Just confirming with a paym sim..
Message 4 of 9

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

Screenshot_2015-12-04-19-16-42.png

Yup, unfortunately it can on a standard pay monthly sim, but as MI5 said, you will have to look at over data alternatives as the provided tariff does not allow calls.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes sorry, I should have been clearer.
It's the tariff that doesn't allow it as o2 insist on selling this and other tablets with the ability to call, without a tariff that actually allows calling.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

apdqueen81
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks all - that would explain it. Bit disappointing that they give you some free texts but you can't make (or even recieve!) calls. Not that I probably would very often but it could have been handy!

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, it's a strange decision, for sure !

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome help here guys slight_smile
Message 9 of 9