cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap

Anonymous
Not applicable

I changed from PAYG to monthly. Wanted to keep my old number. Did a sim swap but my old number  hasn't transferred over and I think I swapped tge sim before it had completed. I have complete 2 forms keep my number and Spoken to 2 o2 staff. They said they would do the swap.  Still not happened. Does the old SIM card need to be in a phone to swap my number. I think I have broken the old sim. What do I need to do. Please help me. Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122948 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

When did you do the swap? Have you turned the phone off and back on. It can take 24-48hrs to swap properly

Also have a look at this link to keep your number

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

If nothing has happened by tomorrow ring CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous, Welcome to the community!

Follow @Cleoriff advice and let us know how you get on. As she righly points out It can take 24-48hrs to swap properly. Do let us know how you get on 

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144405 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
If you are doing it yourself you need the old sim working to receive the code required to progress with the form. After that, you don't need it again.
As it sounds all messed up now I guess only cs on 202 can sort this out for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As @Cleoriff hints this is not just a sim swap but a keep my number .

As long as the process completes fully the number should change over and any credit etc moved to the  pay monthly account .

Yes you needed a new pay monthly sim first and o2 should sort it for you follow the contact details given already 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

First one was 2 weeks ago. Last one was Tuesday. Does the old sim have to be on and working for the number to swap over. Thanks

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

2weeks ago.  Last try was Tuesday. Is it better to go into a shop and sort it.. Thanks for your help. X

Message 7 of 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Can you be clear what exact process you have done.

I.E. have you just followed the swap my sim process or the keep my number process?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

If you've been having problems doing this on your own you should go in store if you can get to one easily enough. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

You shouldn't be doing a SIM swap, it was a simple keep my number form. It sounds completely screwed up now I'm afraid. The old SIM doesn't need to be active so call customer service, don't use live chat.

Message 10 of 10