Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Level 11: Motivator

Samsung update tracking site

[ Edited ]

https://live.samsung-updates.com/index.php?device=none

This tracks the versions of the firmware that are live on Samsung's update service, select your phone from the drop down on the top right.

If you bought your phone through O2 it'll be running the operator specific version of the firmware and the code for this is O2U

If you bought your phone SIM free or elsewhere it maybe running the standard version of the firmware and the code for UK handsets is BTU.

Be aware that rollouts are often staggered to ensure the service doesn't get overloaded so it might not download immediately even if it shows as available on that site.

Current tech used:
Samsung A40 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 2 76 Mbps Down/18 Mbps up (upgraded for homeworking),
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Samsung update tracking site

Cheers for sharing this @techtamer ! Useful info! thumbsup

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted
Level 46: Trendy

Nice one @techtamer.
Be useful if other manufacturers did something similar...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Highlighted

I should stress it isn't an official Samsung site.

Current tech used:
Samsung A40 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 2 76 Mbps Down/18 Mbps up (upgraded for homeworking),
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)
Highlighted
Level 46: Trendy

Ah.
Still, at least there is something for them...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Highlighted
Level 7: Part Timer

Thanks.

I could be wrong, but looks like it is just a table format of the sammobile site info?
unnamed
Highlighted

@BOSSGOGG 

You maybe right.

It's somewhat annoying the handset manufacturers don't output this information but then that's probably to do with their biggest customers being the service providers who either don't sign off on all updates or take ages to do so.

Current tech used:
Highlighted

It looks like the site may have crashed and burned as it's been displaying various error messages for some days now.

@MarjoDo you want to zap the thread?

Current tech used:
Highlighted

Looks like 'tis gone forever.

Current tech used: